The Student Room Group

Microaggression

Okay so about on Monday earlier this week an acquittance of mine thought it was okay to greet me by saying "wagwan my n*gro", now me being a black male this obviously made me feel uncomfortable but i didn't want the situation to get out of hand as i tend to get physical when I'm mad.

Now alot of people would just say that going to a teacher and reporting it would be the appropriate answer but i'm unsure as stuff like this never really gets justice, the person will probably get a detention and that's it.

i feel like this person sees me as meek as i'm a friendly person, but when coming to racial issues its a big no.

should i report him and get him kicked out of the school and ruin his life or should i just smack him up afterschool (jk....or maybe?)
Original post by philly270
Okay so about on Monday earlier this week an acquittance of mine thought it was okay to greet me by saying "wagwan my n*gro", now me being a black male this obviously made me feel uncomfortable but i didn't want the situation to get out of hand as i tend to get physical when I'm mad.

Now alot of people would just say that going to a teacher and reporting it would be the appropriate answer but i'm unsure as stuff like this never really gets justice, the person will probably get a detention and that's it.

i feel like this person sees me as meek as i'm a friendly person, but when coming to racial issues its a big no.

should i report him and get him kicked out of the school and ruin his life or should i just smack him up afterschool (jk....or maybe?)

why would you want to ruin someones life over one comment chill out dude.
Reply 2
...or you could tell him that his comment was inappropriate and you didnt appreciate it first, and judge the situation from there..?
Tell him what he said was not right to say and ask him to apologise. If he gets defensive then, he has fragility and guilt.
Just tell him it made you uncomfortable. Go and do your homework instead of plotting revenge.
Instead of immediately escalating maybe you could just talk to the person first?
I'd go for the second personally man, but like we're on TSR so I can't suggest that. So you know, don't do that. :dong: lol
Always so sensitive lmao

What's wrong bro someone said a meanie word :frown:
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 8
Yes. It is one comment. I am of Indian descent, whenever someone said something mildly racist towards me, I just told them not to or that it made me uncomfortable. That is, only if I felt uncomfortable. Most things aren't really too deep, just grow a thicker skin.
If they keep on doing it, then you tell someone.

The fact you resort to ruining someone's life and physical violence without thinking about other resolutions first is very telling of your character.
Either this is a troll thread, or you're young.
(edited 2 years ago)
loss

Original post by Lord_Pharoah
Always so sensitive lmao

What's wrong bro someone said a meanie word :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending