The Student Room Group

DWP work coach Merseyside February intake

Hi all, thought I’d start a thread for the Merseyside February intake for the DWP work coach job. Hopefully put some minds at ease to see where everyone is up to in their applications. I submitted PEC’s on 17th March and have had no updates since.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AnnaS*
Hi all, thought I’d start a thread for the Merseyside February intake for the DWP work coach job. Hopefully put some minds at ease to see where everyone is up to in their applications. I submitted PEC’s on 17th March and have had no updates since.

Hi Anna. Great to see a post from someone else in the Merseyside intake! My PECs were completed on the 16th March - my employer uploaded their references, I completed the online health check, and I've had my DBS certificate through. My status has remained at "We are currently updating your application. We will provide further updates in due course." since. I've read that others have had a phone call or email to confirm that the PECs are complete so perhaps that is the next step. It's a very anxious wait especially as I've seen some are placed on a reserve list, rather than allocated a position. I've got my fingers crossed for us all!
Me again Anna. I've just this second had an email to confirm that my PECs have been successfully completed and they'll be in contact shortly to advise of the next stage of the recruitment process. I won't rest easy until I've got a formal offer but I'm relieved to know I'm one step closer :smile:
Original post by PottsnPans
Me again Anna. I've just this second had an email to confirm that my PECs have been successfully completed and they'll be in contact shortly to advise of the next stage of the recruitment process. I won't rest easy until I've got a formal offer but I'm relieved to know I'm one step closer :smile:

Hey that’s great news! I’m internal from a different government department, so don’t know if the timeline will be different. I’ve had my DBS through last week and my portal says the same, ‘We are currently updating your application. We will provide further updates in due course.’. Hopefully I’ll get the same message as you soon. It’s good to see where other people are up to on the same intake so we know what to expect! Hopefully not long until we get formal offers!
Original post by AnnaS*
Hey that’s great news! I’m internal from a different government department, so don’t know if the timeline will be different. I’ve had my DBS through last week and my portal says the same, ‘We are currently updating your application. We will provide further updates in due course.’. Hopefully I’ll get the same message as you soon. It’s good to see where other people are up to on the same intake so we know what to expect! Hopefully not long until we get formal offers!

Ah, well we seem to have submitted our documents around the same time so hopefully you'll hear this week! I agree, it's great to hear other people's experiences with this, it provides a bit of reassurance while we're waiting.
Ah, well we seem to have submitted our documents around the same time so hopefully you'll hear this week! I agree, it's great to hear other people's experiences with this, it provides a bit of reassurance while we're waiting.

Had the email saying checks have been completed now as well! Hopefully the offer follows soon.
That's great news! I've got everything crossed we get offers soon 🤞🏻
Reply 7
Hi guys, I’m another in exactly same position as you both. Got my email to say PECs completed yesterday so just a waiting game now. Fingers crossed for us all. Hardly anything about Merseyside roles on the other threads so glad too find this one! Good luck
Original post by l3henry
Hi guys, I’m another in exactly same position as you both. Got my email to say PECs completed yesterday so just a waiting game now. Fingers crossed for us all. Hardly anything about Merseyside roles on the other threads so glad too find this one! Good luck

Good to hear you've also had confirmation. Good luck to you too. Let us know how you get on!
Reply 9
Will do! Yes you to hopefully some good news over Easter for us all 🙏
I hope it’s not too long till we hear, I’m checking my phone every two minutes 🤣
Reply 11
Original post by AnnaS*
I hope it’s not too long till we hear, I’m checking my phone every two minutes 🤣

Yep!!! Driving me mental! 🤣
Ha, yes, I'm totally the same - hyper-alert every time my phone makes a noise! 😂 I really do hope we all get offered roles and not get put on a reserve list. I'm in the last weeks of a redundancy so reserve would be as bad as not getting a job at all. I have everything very tightly crossed for us all!!
Ha, yes, I'm totally the same - hyper-alert every time my phone makes a noise! 😂 I really do hope we all get offered roles and not get put on a reserve list. I'm in the last weeks of a redundancy so reserve would be as bad as not getting a job at all. I have everything very tightly crossed for us all!!

Ah I’m sorry to hear, that must be stressful! I’ve not seen many people talk about Mersey in other chats so hopefully it’s a smoother transition for us. I did speak to someone on the chat and asked about timeframes but they weren’t really much help.
Original post by AnnaS*
Ah I’m sorry to hear, that must be stressful! I’ve not seen many people talk about Mersey in other chats so hopefully it’s a smoother transition for us. I did speak to someone on the chat and asked about timeframes but they weren’t really much help.

Yes, it's added another layer of pressure but hopefully there'll be a happy ending🤞🏻 You're right about no other mentions of Merseyside, I've not seen anything either. I was so pleased when you started this thread, it's nice to have others in the same area to chat to.
Reply 15

Fingers crossed things turn out ok regarding timing and redundancy. Xxx it’s so tense
Original post by l3henry
Fingers crossed things turn out ok regarding timing and redundancy. Xxx it’s so tense

Thank you! It's ridiculously tense. It'd be amazing if we heard something before the long weekend starts. Four days is a long time when you're waiting!
Has anyone heard anything or had any updates on their portals? I’m thinking we might hear something next week now unfortunately.
Original post by AnnaS*
Has anyone heard anything or had any updates on their portals? I’m thinking we might hear something next week now unfortunately.

No, I've not heard a thing so the anxious wait continues. I really hope next week brings some news.
Reply 19
Me neither, nothing yet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending