The Student Room Group

W/London Work Coach Jan 2021

Scroll to see replies

Yaaaay! That’s great news, congrats :smile:
Original post by RR03x
Hey! I received the call just about an hour ago today and I got Harlesden, starting 19th April and conditional pending the completion of the pecs! :smile:
Reply 41
Thank you so much! Your advice was spot on! Could not be more relieved now and wishing everyone all the best too! :smile:
You’re so welcome! All the best in your new role and hope everyone gets those calls asap :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by willotree
You’re so welcome! All the best in your new role and hope everyone gets those calls asap :smile:

Congrats 😊
Can I ask .... was the call from a mobile ?
Still waiting ... 😰
Original post by Zest888
Congrats 😊
Can I ask .... was the call from a mobile ?
Still waiting ... 😰

I am also still waiting however I have a feeling we will get the call by the end of this week
Original post by RR03x
Hey! I received the call just about an hour ago today and I got Harlesden, starting 19th April and conditional pending the completion of the pecs! :smile:

Was Harlesden your first choice?
Reply 46
Original post by bossman75
Was Harlesden your first choice?

Yes it was, Brent was my first choice then Harrow and then Hillingdon :smile:
Original post by RR03x
Yes it was, Brent was my first choice then Harrow and then Hillingdon :smile:

Thats interesting as I saw you also got the email asking if you may be interested in other boroughs. I still have hope I may end up with my 1st preference now.
Reply 48
Yeah that’s true, I felt the same too and was not expecting the first choice so I was ready to accept any of them. I almost said yes to the Ealing one because I was so nervous but then I thought it would better to wait and see. Did you respond to that email and say yes to either of those boroughs? I do hope you get your first preference too! Which is your first choice?
got the email that pecs are now successfully complete. still no call yet thoguh :frown:
Reply 50
got the email that pecs are now successfully complete. still no call yet thoguh :frown:

Sooooo frustrating..... but at least that’s another milestone. Let’s hope that we get something very soon. Did you say yes to
Ealing?
Reply 51
You get allocated an area depending on what area has a vacancy at the time that they get to your name. It may be that the only vacancy is at your 5th preference but by the next name a vacancy at your 1st preference may have become available...If that makes sense? I know because I tried to get mine changed as I got my 5th but have been advised to wait to start then discuss it with my line manager..To everyone to hasn’t got calls - don’t lose hope I’m sure they will get to you too
Reply 52
Welcome aboard new WL colleagues and hope to see more of you here successful in placement as well.

If you have any questions (non recruitment as I am not up to date with that!) ask away :smile:
Reply 53
Good morning My pecs are completed. Just getting a bit anxious. We are told that you are picked “by merit” from reserve list. However I can’t see any scores - but that won’t mean much if you don’t know where you are on the list. Just getting concerned that the number of vacancies as was advertised in January for west London are actually there if I’ve satisfied everything and ticked all the boxes required. It would be helpful and reassuring to get an email along the lines of - please be patient. We are doing XYZ in order to get your placement.
I can see that people are getting placed without their checks being completed- albeit conditional until all passed.
Just need a bit of reassurance on this ... thank you for your time 😊
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Zest888
Good morning My pecs are completed. Just getting a bit anxious. We are told that you are picked “by merit” from reserve list. However I can’t see any scores - but that won’t mean much if you don’t know where you are on the list. Just getting concerned that the number of vacancies as was advertised in January for west London are actually there if I’ve satisfied everything and ticked all the boxes required. It would be helpful and reassuring to get an email along the lines of - please be patient. We are doing XYZ in order to get your placement.
I can see that people are getting placed without their checks being completed- albeit conditional until all passed.
Just need a bit of reassurance on this ... thank you for your time 😊

Hey,
I think there are a lot of people still waiting on responses and a lot on reserve list. The whole process can be very very slow, some districts/areas seem to respond a lot quicker - however I do think West London may have had one of the largest amount of applicants. i submitted application - 9 working days later received provisional offer - 6 working days later received comms I had been placed on reserve (9th Feb) - then received email regarding Ealing/Wandsworth on 19th March like others- did not respond - so current situation - still waiting. :frown:
Reply 55
Original post by oreg2009
Hey,
I think there are a lot of people still waiting on responses and a lot on reserve list. The whole process can be very very slow, some districts/areas seem to respond a lot quicker - however I do think West London may have had one of the largest amount of applicants. i submitted application - 9 working days later received provisional offer - 6 working days later received comms I had been placed on reserve (9th Feb) - then received email regarding Ealing/Wandsworth on 19th March like others- did not respond - so current situation - still waiting. :frown:

I said yes to Ealing- it suits me. Yes process is slow. Surely the number of us on reserve will match the number of vacancies.
If not then you think you’ve got a job after all of the interviews and checks - then nothing.
That doesn’t sound right .........
Just have to be patient.... hopefully the 3 months reserve limit will be extended
Reply 56
Hey - anyone with any news at all? It’s a quiet week by the look of it .....
Original post by Zest888
Hey - anyone with any news at all? It’s a quiet week by the look of it .....

starting to get worried now
Reply 58
starting to get worried now

Me too. It’s too quiet.
Have you called them at all?
Original post by Zest888
Me too. It’s too quiet.
Have you called them at all?

I did try call them and all they said was you have to wait...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending