The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

University of Manchester: Late reply

So, it is about to be four months and I haven't received any decision from the University of Manchester for the course MSc Real Estate Asset Management. Being an international student, I really don't know should I wait for their reply or firm Henley Business School for Msc Real Estate. Please help!
If you can ring admissions that might be best otherwise send an email and chase it up. It's possible your application may have been overlooked or maybe they simply haven't made their decision yet but admissions should be able to give you some sort of idea as to when you might hear back. Uni's have until around the 20th to send out all their offers so it really needs to be chased up soon if you've been overlooked.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Actually, I did, like a month ago and their reply was that they were currently facing a backlog of applications but I feel, four months is a long time
Reply 3
Original post by Kogomogo
If you can ring admissions that might be best otherwise send an email and chase it up. It's possible your application may have been overlooked or maybe they simply haven't made their decision yet but admissions should be able to give you some sort of idea as to when you might hear back. Uni's have until around the 20th to send out all their offers so it really needs to be chased up soon if you've been overlooked.

I've again dropped a mail to them and thinking to call them by this day. I fear, my application has been overlooked, as you said. Should I take it as a negative sign, please be honest?
Original post by Shruti.
I've again dropped a mail to them and thinking to call them by this day. I fear, my application has been overlooked, as you said. Should I take it as a negative sign, please be honest?

It's hard to say if it's a bad sign without knowing the reason why you haven't heard back yet, every uni / course handles admissions differently and sometimes a late reply can just be a thing, not necessarily bad. If anything if they have seen your application then you know they haven't outright rejected it which is something postive.

If it is that it's been overlooked then it's not anything to do with you or the strength of your application. If it hasn't been overlooked they could just simply be dealing with a lot of applications, or seeing how many replies they get from earlier offers before sending out more or something.

I wouldn't recommend accepting another offer right now until you have an answer from Manc if you'd rather go there. Uni's have to respond by a certain date and then your acceptance deadline should be a few weeks after that (UCAS should tell you your deadline once you have all your decisions back).
its odd because i sent my Lucas application out in the morning and got an offer from manchester by the afternoon. I'm not too sure how their acceptance system works
Original post by eddiebrown9
its odd because i sent my Lucas application out in the morning and got an offer from manchester by the afternoon. I'm not too sure how their acceptance system works

For which program did you apply?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending