The Student Room Group

When am I likely to start recieving offers?

I handed in my UCAS application late September (non-Oxbridge). When am I likely to start receiving offers?
Original post by Dragonfly28
I handed in my UCAS application late September (non-Oxbridge). When am I likely to start receiving offers?

Hi @Dragonfly28

Some unis reply quickly and some wait until the application deadline before making a decision. I applied similar time to you and I think I received my first offer November time and my last offer in March / April so it can really vary! If you're concerned about your application you can email the admissions team at the uni with your details but at the moment it is early on in the admissions cycle so I wouldn't worry about not having a response yet.

Hope this helped :smile:

Jess
Reply 2

There are so many factors that affect this, from what subject you're doing to where you have applied etc. On the whole, the majority of offers will start coming in at around February, but this is not the case for everyone.

Some people will get all of theirs in one consecutive go, whereas others will hear nothing for ages and then suddenly find out last minute. It's frustrating, but the best thing to do is try and push it to the back of your mind and focus on your A Levels in the meanwhile. Otherwise, you might find yourself waiting all the way until May!
It's usually best to assume you'll have to wait until May. Otherwise you will drive yourself mad refreshing UCAS Hub until then :smile:
Reply 4
I know this is from a few weeks ago and you might have some offers by now, but just to show that it really varies, I applied on Friday and got offers tonight. It varies widely between Universities so you might get from some Universities quickly and some won't check until after the deadline. Hopefully you don't have to wait too long if you haven't got them yet!
Reply 5
Depends on your course and predicted grades. Some will offer sooner to those with grades in hand or 3 x A star predictions first.

Where have you applied and what for? What are your predicted grade
Reply 6
I haven’t received any offers yet unfortunately. I do know some friends who have received offers from the same unis I have applied to but for different subjects.

I have predicted 2 A* and 1 A.

I have applied for Classical Civilisation at Durham, Exeter, Leeds, Royal Holloway and Warwick.
Reply 7

I applied similar time and got offers from Nottingham Trent, Manchester, Kent, and Winchester from the time period of Oct. 13-Oct. 25. Chester, which is my top choice (I know it's weird but it is), still hasn't replied. It's driving me nuts. So, yeah, it just depends on the university and the course.
The timing of receiving offers after submitting your UCAS application can vary widely depending on the universities and courses you applied to. Generally, universities have different application review processes and timelines, so there isn't a fixed date when you will start receiving offers.

However, for most applicants who submit their UCAS applications by the deadline in January, offers typically start arriving from late autumn through early spring. If you submitted your application in late September, you might start receiving offers from November onwards. It's important to regularly check your UCAS Track account and your email, as universities communicate their decisions through these platforms. If you're unsure or concerned about the status of your application, you can contact the universities directly for updates.

Goof Luck!
Fatima
LSBU rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending