The Student Room Group

unseen poetry

how do you structure an unseen poetry answer for the top marks

what is an example of a good point?
Do an introduction talking about the structure, rhyming scheme, mood and ethos of the writer.
Then pick out about 3 quotes from the beginning middle and end of the poem.
Do a paragraph on each quote, talking about the technique, mood it creates, and how it proves the ethos.
Perhaps do a very short conclusion, maybe say whether you like the poem or not, talk about whether it’s artful and fitting to the genre.

I’m not quite sure what you mean by a good point?? If you explain more I may be able to help you with that.

Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by heldbygrace
Do an introduction talking about the structure, rhyming scheme, mood and ethos of the writer.
Then pick out about 3 quotes from the beginning middle and end of the poem.
Do a paragraph on each quote, talking about the technique, mood it creates, and how it proves the ethos.
Perhaps do a very short conclusion, maybe say whether you like the poem or not, talk about whether it’s artful and fitting to the genre.

I’m not quite sure what you mean by a good point?? If you explain more I may be able to help you with that.

Hope this helps :smile:

what do you mean by ethos?

for the question about the point- like the first sentence

thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by cytoplasm420
what do you mean by ethos?

for the question about the point- like the first sentence

thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ethos is like what the writer/poet is trying to say. People don't write things for no reason, so it's your job as a reader to work out what their reasoning is and even see how you respond to it.

Ah ok, to make it simple, here is a practice essay I did (grade 8, sorry I don't have any my grade 9 ones):

Spoiler

You're welcome :bigsmile:
how do you structure an unseen poetry answer for the top marks

what is an example of a good point?

This is something my English teacher gave us ... hope this helps!
Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 8.16.17 PM.png
Original post by heldbygrace
Ethos is like what the writer/poet is trying to say. People don't write things for no reason, so it's your job as a reader to work out what their reasoning is and even see how you respond to it.

Ah ok, to make it simple, here is a practice essay I did (grade 8, sorry I don't have any my grade 9 ones):

Spoiler

You're welcome :bigsmile:

THANKYOUUU
i did my unseen today and i think it went well
Original post by Kundana Amudala
This is something my English teacher gave us ... hope this helps!
Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 8.16.17 PM.png

thankssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss brooooooooooooooooooooseph
thankssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss brooooooooooooooooooooseph

You're welcome!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending