The Student Room Group

this is a diary for my yr10 mocks.interect if you and it is on june so i will update.

I will update every week.
I did my maths mocks .
I have to revise for;
science,grade i want (6)
geography,(6)
RE(8).
history,(6)
french(4)-doing foundation
english(6)
give me tips on how i can improve on each.Thank you
What are you doing revision wise for science, maths, geography and history?

I’d recommend
- practice questions (especially for maths)
- seneca for science and geography
- freesciencelessons for science
- physics and maths tutor for notes on science
- chemrevise for chemistry
- flashcards (especially for history)
- coolgeography for geography notes (they also have quizlet sets too)
Original post by Hellllpppp
What are you doing revision wise for science, maths, geography and history?

I’d recommend
- practice questions (especially for maths)
- seneca for science and geography
- freesciencelessons for science
- physics and maths tutor for notes on science
- chemrevise for chemistry
- flashcards (especially for history)
- coolgeography for geography notes (they also have quizlet sets too)

Thank you?
Original post by lola023-
Thank you?

How are you feeling atm about these mocks
I am feeling confident about my Re and french.I am very worried about geo and history because i am not good at that i am currently at a grade 5 for boths.And science i just moved to set two and i am doing higher so i think it will be a challenge but yh
I am feeling confident about my Re and french.I am very worried about geo and history because i am not good at that i am currently at a grade 5 for boths.And science i just moved to set two and i am doing higher so i think it will be a challenge but yh

I never did RE and always struggled with French :colondollar: Geography and history are tough GCSEs so it’s understandable if you’re not feeling confident yet (remember you’ve still got a year). What do you struggle with most? Personally I always struggled with dates in history and exam technique in geography. If you’re doing higher science I’d recommend having a look if you haven’t already at what a paper looks like as the questions can seem quite strange and it’s not always clear what they want you to write - it’s better if you know what to expect than be surprised in the mock!
I never did RE and always struggled with French :colondollar: Geography and history are tough GCSEs so it’s understandable if you’re not feeling confident yet (remember you’ve still got a year). What do you struggle with most? Personally I always struggled with dates in history and exam technique in geography. If you’re doing higher science I’d recommend having a look if you haven’t already at what a paper looks like as the questions can seem quite strange and it’s not always clear what they want you to write - it’s better if you know what to expect than be surprised in the mock!

Thank you and same. i struggle with term dates and structure.Are you in a levls or uni
Thank you and same. i struggle with term dates and structure.Are you in a levls or uni

Finished my A-levels a couple weeks ago and I’m starting uni in September (hopefully :biggrin: )
Finished my A-levels a couple weeks ago and I’m starting uni in September (hopefully :biggrin: )

nice.What are you studying?
nice.What are you studying?

Just finished biology, chemistry and maths and I want to do natural sciences at Southampton. What do you want to do in the future?
medicine.And i love dc.sheppard
medicine.And i love dc.sheppard

I’ve got a friend whose applied to medicine- have you looked at the grades you’re gonna need I know they’re quite high even at gcse
I’ve got a friend whose applied to medicine- have you looked at the grades you’re gonna need I know they’re quite high even at gcse

yh i have and i want to apply for southampton,st george,kings and imperial
yh i have and i want to apply for southampton,st george,kings and imperial

Oh cool I assume then you’re going to do biology and chemistry at A-level then, what else are you interested in doing? Or are you looking at doing the IB/something else?
Oh cool I assume then you’re going to do biology and chemistry at A-level then, what else are you interested in doing? Or are you looking at doing the IB/something else?

yh picking between psychology and Re.
by the way what are you planing to do in the future.
yh picking between psychology and Re.
by the way what are you planing to do in the future.

I’ve always though psychology is really interesting

I want to do a phd and become a postdoc in a lab
I’ve always though psychology is really interesting

I want to do a phd and become a postdoc in a lab

nice,i hope you achieve your goals

Quick Reply

Latest