The Student Room Group

EPQ Diary?

I've heard a few people mention online about a diary for your EPQ - one where you update weekly/whenever you do some work for EPQ. Is this still needed for AQA? We are coming to the second half of our project and our school hasn't told us anything about that...
I've also seen a lot of things like research logs and source evaluation pages which our school hasn't told us to do.

Should I get on top of this? Is it still a requirement for AQA?
Reply 1
I’m unsure if it’s a strict requirement for AQA as I did OCR but I don’t see any reason why you wouldn’t do them. EPQ is very much about the process, not just the final essay, so you need those things to provide evidence. The activity log shows how you’ve broken down your project and gone through the process, I don’t even know how you don’t keep a page of research and sources because you need to remember them to go back to them? What have you been doing, just researching and taking notes? You need to record your sources so you can reference them with the links and if you need to check back for more information. Not sure why your school hasn’t told you about this, ask them! And yes get on it!
Reply 2
Original post by beth_bch
I’m unsure if it’s a strict requirement for AQA as I did OCR but I don’t see any reason why you wouldn’t do them. EPQ is very much about the process, not just the final essay, so you need those things to provide evidence. The activity log shows how you’ve broken down your project and gone through the process, I don’t even know how you don’t keep a page of research and sources because you need to remember them to go back to them? What have you been doing, just researching and taking notes? You need to record your sources so you can reference them with the links and if you need to check back for more information. Not sure why your school hasn’t told you about this, ask them! And yes get on it!

i made myself an organised research booklet to make references and planning easier on myself when i started my epq so that part will be easy to sort of turn into a research log i suppose (though i don't think any of my friends have done this so i should let them know), it was mainly the literature review and weekly updates part i didn't think of because we were never told to do anything remotely like that...
def will ask my supervisor about this though!! and get started on a literature review since that shouldn't take too long, and then it's done in case i need it.
Original post by haum3a
I've heard a few people mention online about a diary for your EPQ - one where you update weekly/whenever you do some work for EPQ. Is this still needed for AQA? We are coming to the second half of our project and our school hasn't told us anything about that...
I've also seen a lot of things like research logs and source evaluation pages which our school hasn't told us to do.

Should I get on top of this? Is it still a requirement for AQA?

Hey I completed AQA EPQ this year and yes the production log was still mandatory. Research logs and source evaluation pages are not used at all schools. You should definitely ask your EPQ supervisor about the production log as it is in terms of marking, the one aspect of the project where you can gain the most marks (compared to your presentation and your final essay/artefact).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending