The Student Room Group

New anime recommendations?

Hi guys!

I used to be a big anime fan a couple years ago, watched the mainstream stuff and some of the stuff most people have not heard of. I'm trying to get back in to anime and would love some recommendations, I like most genres (favourite are slice of life or sports probably but i do like some fantasy or romance or action) x it sounds silly but I cant watch an anime no matter how good it is if i dont like the style of animation lol (think vampire night etc)

Some of liked animes were:
Haikyuu
Natsumes book of friends
Stride
Fullmetal Alchemist brotherhood
Fate series (though have only got around to watching bladeworks, zero and apocrypha)
Tamako Market
Anohara
Kuroko no basket
Grimgar of fantasy and ash
Eccentric Family
Seraph of the end
Assassination Classroom
Tanaka-San is so listless
And countless transferred to another world animes which I enjoy x

Feel free to ask me any questions or if I've watched certain shows or kick up a convo, I dont mind xx
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Fenec
Hi guys!

I used to be a big anime fan a couple years ago, watched the mainstream stuff and some of the stuff most people have not heard of. I'm trying to get back in to anime and would love some recommendations, I like most genres (favourite are slice of life or sports probably but i do like some fantasy or romance or action) x it sounds silly but I cant watch an anime no matter how good it is if i dont like the style of animation lol (think vampire night etc)

Haikyuu
Natsumes book of friends
Stride
Fate series (though have only got around to watching bladeworks, zero and apocrypha)
Tamako Market
Anohara
Eccentric Family
Seraph of the end
Assassination Classroom
And countless transferred to another work animes which I enjoy x

I also like anime live actions, for example I watched another as the acted version on Netflix instead of the anime version and enjoyed it.

Big fan of yokai anime as well x
Fire force
Mob psycho
Attack on titan
Reply 3
Have you watched some of the obvious anime? One Piece, Dragon Ball Super and Death Note etc.
Reply 4
Original post by tej3141
Fire force
Mob psycho
Attack on titan

Attack on Titan is overrated lol.
Reply 5
Original post by gtty123
Have you watched some of the obvious anime? One Piece, Dragon Ball Super and Death Note etc.

Hey ^-^
I've watched a few such as naruto, fairy tail, death note, one punch man etc (and attack on titan lol but didnt like the direction it went so stopped); I actually havent watched dragon ball super but have read a fair bit of the manga for one piece
Reply 6
Original post by Fenec
Hey ^-^
I've watched a few such as naruto, fairy tail, death note, one punch man etc (and attack on titan lol but didnt like the direction it went so stopped); I actually havent watched dragon ball super but have read a fair bit of the manga for one piece

That's good to know. I'd say you should definitely watch Dragon Ball Super. It's an awesome anime.
im recommending this to anyone that breathes currently but i really recommend sonny boy. it is still on going but the first 2 episodes are out and i think its brilliant! its more a psychological anime so i dont know if thats your style, but personally i think it could become one of the best psychological animes. AND the animation is great :smile:
Original post by gtty123
Attack on Titan is overrated lol.

It may be overated but I still think its good
Reply 9
Demon Slayer
Wonder Egg Priority
So I'm a Spider, So What?
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Re:Zero
SK8 The Infinity
Shadows House
Like someone else said, Dragon Ball series should keep you going for ages (it's a massive series with several different parts)
- Ouran Highschool Host Club is good for comic relief
- Your Lie in April will probably make you cry
- Tokyo Ghoul is also pretty cool but I never really got into it
Original post by Fenec
Hi guys!

Haikyuu
Natsumes book of friends
Stride
Tamako Market
Anohara
Kuroko no basket
Eccentric Family
Seraph of the end
Assassination Classroom
And countless transferred to another world animes which I enjoy x

Feel free to ask me any questions or if I've watched certain shows or kick up a convo, I dont mind xx

vampire knight
toilet bound hanako-kun
ace attorney

Quick Reply

Latest