The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Ucas urgent help

I want to go to Bristol and do accounting and management through clearing.My question is that is there any chance i will get accepted?
I most likely will receive the grades of AAC, however the standard grades are AAA
In addition to this as I go to an aspiring school will they bring down the offer?

The course has been in clearing for the majority of these years so it will most likely be in clearing this year.
Original post by jackiejan
I want to go to Bristol and do accounting and management through clearing.My question is that is there any chance i will get accepted?
I most likely will receive the grades of AAC, however the standard grades are AAA
In addition to this as I go to an aspiring school will they bring down the offer?

The course has been in clearing for the majority of these years so it will most likely be in clearing this year.

No one knows, you'll have to see on results day. I know Bristol has quite a good contextual offers scheme during the 'normal' cycle but don't know whether these apply to clearing offers too.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
In my experience, contextual reductions aren't often made on top of Clearing requirements.

AAC for an AAA course via Clearing isn't outlandish. As above, at this stage Bristol won't even have decided if the course will take place in the main phase of Clearing, but it is worth checking when you get your results.
Reply 3
Original post by Admit-One
In my experience, contextual reductions aren't often made on top of Clearing requirements.

AAC for an AAA course via Clearing isn't outlandish. As above, at this stage Bristol won't even have decided if the course will take place in the main phase of Clearing, but it is worth checking when you get your results.

ah thats quite annoying since some of my classmates were offered abb for the same course
Reply 4
Also i didnt mean a contextual reduction. I meant contextual offer

My apologies
Also i didnt mean a contextual reduction. I meant contextual offer

My apologies

The situation regarding any particular university in clearing this year is that nobody knows. In past years appoximately the same percentage each year achieved the same grade. Last year double the students got the highest grades when Teacher Assessed grades were used. Nobody knows how many students are going to achieve the highest grades this and this will impact on the numbers meeting their offers. If more students achieve the higher grades then there will be fewer spaces in clearing and higher grades will be required. The only thing you can do is to wait until results day.
Like most Universities, Bristol does not consider 'contextual' at Clearing.
Btw, if the C grade is Maths, then regardless of spaces, it will be a definite No.
Reply 7
Original post by McGinger
Like most Universities, Bristol does not consider 'contextual' at Clearing.
Btw, if the C grade is Maths, then regardless of spaces, it will be a definite No.

accounting and management doesn't need maths
accounting and management doesn't need maths

Apologies - I thought it was A&F.
The average student on this course achieves AAA at A-levels.

Its impossible to say where the clearing grades will sit IF its in clearing.

I would prepare more contingency plans.

https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/university-of-bristol-b78/courses/accounting-and-management-bsc-hons-2021-57f7c608997e
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 10
Apologies - I thought it was A&F.

Do you think theres a chance?
You have asked essentially the same question on two separate threads - and are receiving the same answers.

No-one knows. Like everybody else in this situation, you will just have to wait for Results Day.
Reply 12
You have asked essentially the same question on two separate threads - and are receiving the same answers.

No-one knows. Like everybody else in this situation, you will just have to wait for Results Day.

Sorry im just quite nervous and frustrated with my stupidity. If only had I applied there i would of received an contextual offer
if only had I applied there i would of received an contextual offer

You don't know that for certain.
And, if you really want to go to Bristol, you can always resit and reapply next year.
Sorry im just quite nervous and frustrated with my stupidity. If only had I applied there i would of received an contextual offer

Can’t change the past.

I suggest you come up with plans for what to do if you get accepted or if you don’t.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending