The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Uni help Urgent

Hello! I’m looking to transfer from the Uni of Salford to Manchester Metropolitan Uni, to study computer science. I’m currently doing a foundation year and I ask mmu if they’ll accept a transfer into first year they said it’s up to the admissions department/ is not 100% guaranteed and I’ll have to make a personal statement and apply through ucas.
Anyways, the qs I have are…
1) when it comes to my personal statement can I use phrases from my last years personal statement/ paragraphs? Or will ucas decline me for plagiarism, I mean it’s my own personal statement from last year.
2) if I apply to transfer and I don’t get in to Mmu will the uni of Salford not allow me to continue my degree at Salford since I’ve applied somewhere else. What I’m trying to say is that is my place at uni of Salford guaranteed even if I apply to transfer and get rejected by mmu???
Original post by Anonymous
1) when it comes to my personal statement can I use phrases from my last years personal statement/ paragraphs? Or will ucas decline me for plagiarism, I mean it’s my own personal statement from last year.

You can use as much from your previous statement as you wish, if you are using the same UCAS account from last year then it won't be flagged for plagiarism.

2) if I apply to transfer and I don’t get in to Mmu will the uni of Salford not allow me to continue my degree at Salford since I’ve applied somewhere else. What I’m trying to say is that is my place at uni of Salford guaranteed even if I apply to transfer and get rejected by mmu???

The new application is completely separate to your current enrolment. You'll remain enrolled there unless you withdraw, (or don't re-enrol at the end of the year).

NB. MMU may want a refence from you current uni, (which is always difficult as you haven't been there long). Best to speak to the general admission team at MMU to clarify whether they''ll accept your old referee.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Hello! I’m looking to transfer from the Uni of Salford to Manchester Metropolitan Uni, to study computer science. I’m currently doing a foundation year and I ask mmu if they’ll accept a transfer into first year they said it’s up to the admissions department/ is not 100% guaranteed and I’ll have to make a personal statement and apply through ucas.

Hey!

So sorry to hear you’re looking at transferring, but it’s good that you’re looking into everything early. Your study with us won’t be affected this academic year if you make an application via UCAS and are successful or unsuccessful - what would affect your study with us for next year (if you decided to stay) would be not registering in the new academic year (I.e. next September), as this is what tells us you want to carry on your studies with us.

I hope that helps - please let me know if you have any queries! Happy to help on our end.
All the best,
Becky
University of Salford Rep
Reply 3
Original post by University of Salford
Hey!

So sorry to hear you’re looking at transferring, but it’s good that you’re looking into everything early. Your study with us won’t be affected this academic year if you make an application via UCAS and are successful or unsuccessful - what would affect your study with us for next year (if you decided to stay) would be not registering in the new academic year (I.e. next September), as this is what tells us you want to carry on your studies with us.

I hope that helps - please let me know if you have any queries! Happy to help on our end.
All the best,
Becky
University of Salford Rep

Do all Student have to register every year even if you’re going from first year to second year??
Also how do you register… through ucas?
Do all Student have to register every year even if you’re going from first year to second year??
Also how do you register… through ucas?

Yes, if you want to continue from year 1 to year 2 you must re-enrol. Only your initial application is via UCAS, once you are a student everything is done internally at the uni.
Hi, I've moved your thread to a more appropriate place in the forums. Have a great day!

Hi there
sorry just seen this! What did you end up doing?
hope it went well!

thanks
Emily

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending