The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Japanese with foundation year answer?

Hi all,

I'm hoping to study BA Japanese with foundation year at Sheffield uni. If I'm correct, interviews concluded on the 10th of march, has anyone heard anything back yet??

I was told there were more applicants than places and it's stressing me the Frick out, Sheffield is my last hope of going to uni and honestly I'm not sure what I'll do if I get rejected, probably something dangerous.

Like many I've been refreshing UCAS like crazy, but iirc tracking is down for this weekend!! I've heard of people getting offers on the weekend, do you think even if UCAS isn't fully functional I might still hear back directly from Sheffield this weekend?

Each day is agonizing with anxiety and that's honestly no exaggeration haha I need to know ASAP, anyone already heard back or have a rough idea if when we will?
Hello! I'm in the exact same boat as you doing the exact same course! I'm also really anxious and still waiting for a reply from the University but I think it's just a matter of the amount of applications and such being processed. Please don't worry yourself too much, we can do this!! I'm not sure exactly when we are supposed to hear back but I estimated around April? :h:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by meowchimeg
Hi all,

I'm hoping to study BA Japanese with foundation year at Sheffield uni. If I'm correct, interviews concluded on the 10th of march, has anyone heard anything back yet??

I was told there were more applicants than places and it's stressing me the Frick out, Sheffield is my last hope of going to uni and honestly I'm not sure what I'll do if I get rejected, probably something dangerous.

Like many I've been refreshing UCAS like crazy, but iirc tracking is down for this weekend!! I've heard of people getting offers on the weekend, do you think even if UCAS isn't fully functional I might still hear back directly from Sheffield this weekend?

Each day is agonizing with anxiety and that's honestly no exaggeration haha I need to know ASAP, anyone already heard back or have a rough idea if when we will?

Hey,

Sorry to hear you are feeling a bit worried about the outcome of your uni application. We really hope you get the answer you are looking for but if not you may wish to check out this useful article

MIND also have some great resources on coping with negative feelings

The NHS have urgent mental health helplines are for people of all ages in England. To find a helpline suitable for you, please visit here. https://www.nhs.uk/service-search/mental-health/find-an-urgent-mental-health-helpline
You can call for:
-24-hour advice and support for you, your child, your parent or someone you care for
-help speaking to a mental health professional
-an assessment to find the right care for you

The Samaritans are available 24/7 and can be contacted by calling 116 123 or emailing [email protected]. There are also apps that can help, like Smiling Minds and Headspace. If you are in crisis and at risk of hurting yourself, or have already, please call 999 for an ambulance or go to your nearest A&E. If you’re reluctant to go to A&E, you can always call NHS 111 for their advice and guidance.

Please take care of yourself and we are keeping everything crossed!

Best wishes,
TSR support
I was given a placement today, but with no dates for interviews or DLL tests. Hopefully you will too hear back soon!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by meowchimeg
Hi all,

Hi how did you get on if you don't mind me asking?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending