The Student Room Group

A level Results day 2021, what self care do you have planned?

On the build up to Results day, many of us will be spending a lot of time thinking about the unknown and what may happen for our future.

At such a time this is the perfect opportunity to start thinking about the things that will help to minimise your stress and make sure that whatever the result you are able to manage

So what self care techniques do you have planned, for before, during and after results day?

Personally I’m making sure that I keep getting some fresh air, have told those around me about what is happening on Results day incase I need them nearby, bought in some of my favourite chocolate and also some bath salts for the night before, so I can try and get some decent sleep.

What self care do you have planned?
Going out for dinner and drinks the night before - I already know I won’t be able to sleep that night I’m gonna be too stressed- then the day of I’m going to bake a cake 😂 I’m very scared.
Original post by Oatmilkidk
Going out for dinner and drinks the night before - I already know I won’t be able to sleep that night I’m gonna be too stressed- then the day of I’m going to bake a cake 😂 I’m very scared.

Valid. Sometimes le brain won’t shut off right?

Also, what kinda cake are you gonna bake? You’re giving me ideas XD
Original post by AliceRoseGuy
On the build up to Results day, many of us will be spending a lot of time thinking about the unknown and what may happen for our future.

At such a time this is the perfect opportunity to start thinking about the things that will help to minimise your stress and make sure that whatever the result you are able to manage

So what self care techniques do you have planned, for before, during and after results day?

Personally I’m making sure that I keep getting some fresh air, have told those around me about what is happening on Results day incase I need them nearby, bought in some of my favourite chocolate and also some bath salts for the night before, so I can try and get some decent sleep.

What self care do you have planned?

I mean i am working so idk, I have found that I am not thinking about it too much, on the Monday before results day, I finish at 4PM so I guess around half 4 or 5, realisation will kick in lol
Original post by CurryCurry2468
I mean i am working so idk, I have found that I am not thinking about it too much, on the Monday before results day, I finish at 4PM so I guess around half 4 or 5, realisation will kick in lol

Ah man, work is important. You got any thing planned for the evening tho?

Hope all goes well for you :smile:
Reply 5
I plan to spend a large portion of Tuesday in a pub.

Hopefully I will not remember any of it by Wednesday morning.
Original post by Kibser
I plan to spend a large portion of Tuesday in a pub.

Hopefully I will not remember any of it by Wednesday morning.

Standard XD , do you feel like you done well this year? Or is this gearing more towards going to the pub to forget?
Reply 7
Standard XD , do you feel like you done well this year? Or is this gearing more towards going to the pub to forget?

I just want to get into my firm is all. The intricacies of the results I do not care about.
Original post by Kibser
I just want to get into my firm is all. The intricacies of the results I do not care about.

That’s valid and a very mature mindset :smile:
Valid. Sometimes le brain won’t shut off right?

Also, what kinda cake are you gonna bake? You’re giving me ideas XD

Maybe funfetti or red velvet. I’m gonna make the icing relevant to results day, but I’m not sure what yet. Hopefully a congrats to myself or something lol. Good luck for Tuesday :smile:
Those are some Excellent choices in cake . I have my fingers crossed for you. Not long to go now.

🤞🏻
Good luck to you all! I am here this evening to provide you all with support and/or tips and tricks to help you to feel calmer this evening. Feel free to share how you are feeling/ask for advice by replying to this post. Beccy :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest