The Student Room Group

Official Nursing 2022 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Fortysomething
I’ve just had an unconditional for may at Coventry - so pleased 😀

Well done!!! 😁
Thank you!! Just ordering myself a few nursing books to get my brain working again it’s been a long time since I’ve been a student 👩🏻*🎓
Looking forward to reading everyone else’s offers as they come in 🍀
Reply 22
Really pleased to report I have a conditional offer for MSc adult nursing at Coventry - I’ve just got the mammoth task of putting my portfolio of prior learning together now - searching through the loft for all my old certificates etc !!

congratulations on your offer. Got an offer for Msc Mental Health Nursing and still trying to put the portfolio of prior learning together. What are the major entries required to achieve a good portfolio
Reply 23
Hi....I got an offer as well for the MSC Adult Nursing in Coventry. Can we hook up?
Original post by Nadia71
Hi....I got an offer as well for the MSC Adult Nursing in Coventry. Can we hook up?

Congratulations when do you start?
Original post by VALCORP
congratulations on your offer. Got an offer for Msc Mental Health Nursing and still trying to put the portfolio of prior learning together. What are the major entries required to achieve a good portfolio

If you speak to the course leader or email them they should give you a run down of everything they want to see
Reply 26
Hello this is my first post on tsr ! I’ve just applied for MSc adult nursing at Coventry for jan 22 start. Have been wanting to do nursing for fifteen years but due to family/work commitments wasn’t the right time. Finally in a position where I am ready to pursue what has been a long term dream

Oh...that's great! I got an offer for May 2022 start MSC Adult Nursing.
Original post by Nadia71
Oh...that's great! I got an offer for May 2022 start MSC Adult Nursing.

I look forward to meeting you in may !! Are you local to cov or commuting (when on placement) ?
Reply 28
Really pleased to report I have a conditional offer for MSc adult nursing at Coventry - I’ve just got the mammoth task of putting my portfolio of prior learning together now - searching through the loft for all my old certificates etc !!

Many congrats. I'm starting MSC Adult Nursing in Coventry in May 2022.
hello Congrats! I'm planning to apply to KCL as well. Quick question, how were the interviews? Were there any common themes (e.g scenario questions) or anything that caught you off guard? Also is there any specific thing you would recommend to put on a personal statement? thank you!
Original post by Becky2305
Hey all, just thought I would pop in and say that I'm starting my BSc Adult Nursing degree at KCL as a mature student this month, so if anyone wants any help with the application process, feel free to ask me! :smile: I also applied for and was given a place at Surrey and Brighton.

hello
Congrats! I'm planning to apply to KCL as well. Quick question, how were the interviews? Were there any common themes (e.g scenario questions) or anything that caught you off guard? Also is there any specific thing you would recommend to put on a personal statement?
thank you!
Original post by muntaha2001
hello
Congrats! I'm planning to apply to KCL as well. Quick question, how were the interviews? Were there any common themes (e.g scenario questions) or anything that caught you off guard? Also is there any specific thing you would recommend to put on a personal statement?
thank you!

Hey, thank you!

The interview for Kings was good - it was just with one person for the whole interview and they were really friendly and me feel at ease. The biggest thing to remember is that they're not there to catch you out or give you a hard time, they just want to get a feel for you as a person :smile:

The interview was a mix of questions about myself, nursing/the NHS and there were a couple of scenario based questions as well. I don't think there is anything that I would say particularly caught me off guard as such, just one scenario I had I found it hard to know how to answer as it had no context to it. If you find yourself in that situation, just take a drink or even just a pause to give yourself a few extra seconds to think about what to say - don't just start spouting the first thing that comes to mind or you'll end up rambling! Just to say as well incase you or anyone else is worrying about it - they're not expecting you to know technical terms, how you'd medicate someone etc.

For your personal statement, try to relate any life experience, career experience, work experience - whatever you're choosing to put on there - to the 6Cs of nursing and how any of those experiences have prepared you to become a nurse. The 6Cs are VERY important and I will add that they should also be mentioned in interview answers!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 32
Hi I have applied for child nursing at plymouth for sept 2022.. anyone else applied for plymouth? Hate the waiting game now!!
I have got an unconditional offer (accepted) from Coventry University to study Adult Nursing starting September 2022. Anyone else going to Coventry? Does anyone have any experience of which accommodation is best for healthcare students at Coventry?! I know different places have places for different term lengths...
Hi, does anybody know of universities which offer an undergraduate child nursing degree without interviews?
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi, I have a couple of questions for people who are more aware of nursing courses:

1) Can I put Nursing down as my fifth choice after 4 medical school choices?
2) How competitive is a Nursing degree? If it is extremely competitive I will not put it down as my fifth choice.
3) Are there any universities for Nursing which don't have interviews?
4) How are applicants selected for Nursing degrees? Will they be more likely to get an offer if they have higher GCSEs/A-level predictions? Is it based more upon the personal statement? How important is the interview? Are there any other important criteria they use when selecting Nursing applicants?

Thank you so much to anyone who is able to answer any of my questions. Nursing is an amazing degree!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by medprincess
Hi, I have a couple of questions for people who are more aware of nursing courses:

2) How competitive is a Nursing degree? If it is extremely competitive I will not put it down as my fifth choice.
4) How are applicants selected for Nursing degrees? Will they be more likely to get an offer if they have higher GCSEs/A-level predictions? Is it based more upon the personal statement? How important is the interview? Are there any other important criteria they use when selecting Nursing applicants?

Thank you so much to anyone who is able to answer any of my questions. Nursing is an amazing degree!

1) yes you can put it down but be aware that you would have to do an interview for it
2) it is very competitive especially if applying to KCL.
3) I’m not sure but I’m pretty sure most do interviews , search any uk universities that don’t do it on google.
4) if you read the universities requirements they would say it on there ,eg kings says their requirements and which section is weighed more than the other.
The interview is really important and differentiates between the candidates and also tests if they are compatible for the nursing degree whether it’s child nursing or adult!
Which nursing sector do you want to do??
Hope this helped but be sure to do your own research!
Original post by medprincess

Hi
You can put it down.
Nursing is hard.
The most competertive course to do in nursing is Midwifing then follow by Children nursing and Adult Nursing thirdly but all are hard courses to do.
Entry levels requirements varies with Every university as each one set it's own entry requirements.
How they decide places with depends on your personal statement and application first of all, then if these are ok they will offer you a interview.

Below are requirements for children and adult nursing OK.
I'm a registered adult nurse and midwife with NHS.

Screenshot_2021-05-20-15-45-43.png

Screenshot_2021-03-06-19-21-20.png
Original post by muntaha2001
hello Congrats! I'm planning to apply to KCL as well. Quick question, how were the interviews? Were there any common themes (e.g scenario questions) or anything that caught you off guard? Also is there any specific thing you would recommend to put on a personal statement? thank you!

Heyy I’m applying for kcl child nursing are you?
Original post by Becky2305
Hey, thank you!

The interview for Kings was good - it was just with one person for the whole interview and they were really friendly and me feel at ease. The biggest thing to remember is that they're not there to catch you out or give you a hard time, they just want to get a feel for you as a person :smile:

The interview was a mix of questions about myself, nursing/the NHS and there were a couple of scenario based questions as well. I don't think there is anything that I would say particularly caught me off guard as such, just one scenario I had I found it hard to know how to answer as it had no context to it. If you find yourself in that situation, just take a drink or even just a pause to give yourself a few extra seconds to think about what to say - don't just start spouting the first thing that comes to mind or you'll end up rambling! Just to say as well incase you or anyone else is worrying about it - they're not expecting you to know technical terms, how you'd medicate someone etc.

For your personal statement, try to relate any life experience, career experience, work experience - whatever you're choosing to put on there - to the 6Cs of nursing and how any of those experiences have prepared you to become a nurse. The 6Cs are VERY important and I will add that they should also be mentioned in interview answers!

Thank you so much for your detailed answer. Much appreciated!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending