The Student Room Group

Australian police concuss and pepper spray 70yr old woman.

https://youtu.be/I1jGKsIAT9w

Police at a protest in Melbourne violently pushed over a 70yr old woman cracking her head and concussing her then sprayed her in the face while she was on the ground. Shades of poor Ian Tomlinson.
Two accredited press photographers were also sprayed in the face.

Interesting contrast to the way British police have been handling the last few Insulate Britain protesters.
Compared to the Australian people's chillness the police are seriously extreme in their actions.

Have you actually got a news source rather than "Get Fit with Natasha"?
Might want to look up how UK police have handled lock down protests, they share a lot of similarities with the Aussie cops.
Reply 4
Given the nature of the protests i caNT FAULT THE POLICE TOO MUCH, A VIOLENT MOB OF VACCINE LOONIES WITH A FEW LEGITIMATE PEOPLE WITH GRIEVANCES ABOUT BEING PLACED UNDER HOUSE ARREST FIOR NEARLY A YEAR WITH THEM ALL LOBBING PROJECTILES AND GENERALLY MAKING QUITE A SCCENE. IT BEGS THE QUESTION WHY SAID PENSIONER WENT TO A RIOT IN THE FIRST PLACE?
suffice IT TO SAY JUST BECAUSE THEYRE SOMEWHAT ELDERLY DOESNT FEATURE MUCH FOR ME IN THE DIM VIEW I TAKER OF HER ACTIONS, MILLIONS OF OTHERSD ARE IN THE SDAME PREDICASMENT, WORSE IN THAT THEY CANT WORK, ASND THEYRE NOT RIOTING OVER IT..

Bloody caps lock -.-
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Napp
Given the nature of the protests i caNT FAULT THE POLICE TOO MUCH, A VIOLENT MOB OF VACCINE LOONIES WITH A FEW LEGITIMATE PEOPLE WITH GRIEVANCES ABOUT BEING PLACED UNDER HOUSE ARREST FIOR NEARLY A YEAR WITH THEM ALL LOBBING PROJECTILES AND GENERALLY MAKING QUITE A SCCENE. IT BEGS THE QUESTION WHY SAID PENSIONER WENT TO A RIOT IN THE FIRST PLACE?
suffice IT TO SAY JUST BECAUSE THEYRE SOMEWHAT ELDERLY DOESNT FEATURE MUCH FOR ME IN THE DIM VIEW I TAKER OF HER ACTIONS, MILLIONS OF OTHERSD ARE IN THE SDAME PREDICASMENT, WORSE IN THAT THEY CANT WORK, ASND THEYRE NOT RIOTING OVER IT..

Bloody caps lock -.-

I agree, they should just bend over to government tyranny and let them do what they want and be good sheep like the others.
Original post by HansLuben
I agree, they should just bend over to government tyranny and let them do what they want and be good sheep like the others.

Did you miss the irony of of calling others sheep while these protestors are literally running around the streets of Melbourne in a herd?
Original post by !Capercaillie
Did you miss the irony of of calling others sheep while these protestors are literally running around the streets of Melbourne in a herd?

They are just the average joe who tries to work and put food on the table with little thought for politics, a well organized armed revolt is perhaps a little beyond their capabilities.
Original post by !Capercaillie

Are you Trilobite?

You have the exact same cringe takes as him...
Hey that 70 year old woman was probably extremely dangerous. :rolleyes:

In all honesty people esp those on the right need to wake up and realise that cops are just hired goons that obey orders and are as a whole no more worthy of respect and admiration than McDonald's security guards.

Also worth pointing out had this been a protest for BLM the police wouldn't have done anything (and might have joined in) and all the health "experts" would have said that this is perfectly safe and in fact they should protest.

All I will say is that when Emperor Donald Trump puts me in charge of the Commonwealth I'm going to put all these sickos that abused their position in prison.
Barely a peep, either, unlike in the instance of a certain criminal in the US...
Reply 11

Not sure what this comment really has to do with what i said but nevertheless;
I get the strong suspicion you havent a clue what actual government tyranny is if you think locking down cities/suburbs is particularly 'tyrannical' people who live in actual dictatorships or under tyrannical governments and autocrats would laugh at you if you said this to them.
Original post by Napp
I get the strong suspicion you havent a clue what actual government tyranny is if you think locking down cities/suburbs is particularly 'tyrannical' people who live in actual dictatorships or under tyrannical governments and autocrats would laugh at you if you said this to them.

Tyranny is always justified by necessity.
Reply 13
Tyranny is always justified by necessity.

Again, no idea what this has to do with the comment you're replying to or are you just writing pithy phrases for the sake of it..?
Original post by Napp
I get the strong suspicion you havent a clue what actual government tyranny is if you think locking down cities/suburbs is particularly 'tyrannical' people who live in actual dictatorships or under tyrannical governments and autocrats would laugh at you if you said this to them

If your argument is, "well they've got it worse in North Korea so deal with it" that's not really a good one.
Reply 15
Original post by Starship Trooper
If your argument is, "well they've got it worse in North Korea so deal with it" that's not really a good one.

I think you'll find it is when said user thinks Australia is run as a tyranny when it quite clearly isnt. If he's going to use overblown language to try and further his, incorrect, point of view then he might do well to know what actual tyranny looks like before using the term so flippantly as to make a complete and utter mockery of those who do live under tyrannical regimes.
Just as the terms antisemitism, triggered, fascist etc. haver all lost their meaning it seems this one is next on the chopping block where words denoti9ng ratherr serious things have been applied to so many varied and 'lame' things they have absolutely no meaning anymore.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending