The Student Room Group

Gym bully is now wanted by police

Hi guys really apologise for posting this again but I've had an update.

Recently, there has been a dude in the gym has acted inappropriately - texting me to get this girls number all the time, making inappropriate comments about my health condition (saying that I am using this as excuse to not train properly).

He’s moved in on the young female talking about other blokes as to how he got her - when he hadn’t and she’s got a boyfriend, roping in other people as part of the plan, etc. At first i thought it was innocent and I responded by making sarcastic comments that he he should ask her out, or get his friends to do it, but eventually. I felt sorry for him as he had cancer before and he was insecure about going bald really young. I took upon myself to tell this young woman that he’s acting like this.

She freaked out and cancelled the membership.

The gym manager had a go at me, saying that I should have informed the manager (i didnt because they are useless) and they wouldn’t even speak to the man in question as they were personal messages between him and me. They also said I was wrong to raise it with her and the best thing would have been done was to ignore it. But that’s not right on her as its her wellbeing at risk. They actually told her that i had acted inappropriately in telling her.

I was fuming and cancelled my membership. I am so depressed now as creeps aside, there are some wonderful people in that gym (all women). I am going to miss them and they have helped my confidence . They are also the only gym that does 121 swimming lessons..

Not only that, but his picture has appeared in an online newspaper wanted in connection with a serious crime - they haven’t said what the crime is! Should i report this to the gym?
No, they made it clear they think you are partly the problem. Also a legit concerned person would call the police, not the gym, that should go without saying.
Original post by StriderHort
No, they made it clear they think you are partly the problem. Also a legit concerned person would call the police, not the gym, that should go without saying.

I have already reported it to the polic
Original post by Anonymous
I have already reported it to the polic

It's a bit odd you didn't mention such a development, also that you would even consider calling the gym after doing so.
Reply 4
You have a 'predatory' male operating in a closed environment putting pressure on other members, particularly women. You clearly have had other issues with the management to know they are 'useless'

I think you did the right thing by giving the woman the 'heads up' over this mans antics. If it was you, in the same position wouldn't you want to know?

Regardless of whatever the management say, it sounds like they were just interested in protecting themselves.

I would give the police the information you have about this man, his behaviour and the text messages etc, If it was a serious crime I am sure they would look into it - Crimestoppers 0800 555 111
This seems rather far-fetched.
It's a bit odd you didn't mention such a development, also that you would even consider calling the gym after doing so.

Often things like that goes without saying
Original post by YaliaV123
This seems rather far-fetched.

Well it's the truth
Original post by #EnglandOutpls
Getting in trouble with the police these days is almost a badge of honour.

Not if you're a potential creep
Often things like that goes without saying

...nah, I think most people would definitely have mentioned that, given how much they were already prepared to rant about it all already. Reporting someone to the police isn't something you would do lightly or reasonably omit when asking if you should call others. It just doesn't add up.
...nah, I think most people would definitely have mentioned that, given how much they were already prepared to rant about it all already. Reporting someone to the police isn't something you would do lightly or reasonably omit when asking if you should call others. It just doesn't add up.

I have reported it to the police.. end off..
Hi guys really apologise for posting this again but I've had an update.

Recently, there has been a dude in the gym has acted inappropriately - texting me to get this girls number all the time, making inappropriate comments about my health condition (saying that I am using this as excuse to not train properly).

He’s moved in on the young female talking about other blokes as to how he got her - when he hadn’t and she’s got a boyfriend, roping in other people as part of the plan, etc. At first i thought it was innocent and I responded by making sarcastic comments that he he should ask her out, or get his friends to do it, but eventually. I felt sorry for him as he had cancer before and he was insecure about going bald really young. I took upon myself to tell this young woman that he’s acting like this.

She freaked out and cancelled the membership.

The gym manager had a go at me, saying that I should have informed the manager (i didnt because they are useless) and they wouldn’t even speak to the man in question as they were personal messages between him and me. They also said I was wrong to raise it with her and the best thing would have been done was to ignore it. But that’s not right on her as its her wellbeing at risk. They actually told her that i had acted inappropriately in telling her.

I was fuming and cancelled my membership. I am so depressed now as creeps aside, there are some wonderful people in that gym (all women). I am going to miss them and they have helped my confidence . They are also the only gym that does 121 swimming lessons..

Not only that, but his picture has appeared in an online newspaper wanted in connection with a serious crime - they haven’t said what the crime is! Should i report this to the gym?

This is why i hate the gym and gym people. Too many macho gym types harassing women.

You 100% did the right thing in informing her. Get that off your conscience. The gym’s management are in the wrong and out of order for not telling her of the creep.

As the gym’s management are incompetent, i think you should report them to head office (if they are part of a chain). If it’s a one off local gym, not much you can do than just find another gym.

re: reporting that guy? Don’t bother cos the management probably won’t act given how they treated you. If you know any of the girls who use the gym on fb or have their nos, u should deffo warm them about this guy though.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by boulderingislife
This is why i hate the gym and gym people. Too many macho gym types harassing women.

You 100% did the right thing in informing her. Get that off your conscience. The gym’s management are in the wrong and out of order for not telling her of the creep.

As the gym’s management are incompetent, i think you should report them to head office (if they are part of a chain). If it’s a one off local gym, not much you can do than just find another gym.

re: reporting that guy? Don’t bother cos the management probably won’t act given how they treated you. If you know
any of the girls who use the gym on fb or have their nos, u should deffo warm them about this guy though.

Apparently he's wanted now by the police as the police showed up at the gym and were looking for him. He quit his membership and now he's on the run
Too funny! Thanks for the update.
Reply 14
Original post by boulderingislife
Too funny! Thanks for the update.

Karmas a *****... Hope the sexist prick burns in hell

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending