The Student Room Group

Clarification re: TSRs new rules requested on this thread.

TSR will not allow content that attacks, denigrates, intimidates, dehumanises, incites or threatens hatred, violence, prejudicial or discriminatory action against individuals or groups because of their actual or perceived race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, caste, gender, religious affiliation, or disability status.

For the benefit of all users I would grateful if a mod could clarify what threatening hatred means? And as well please don’t place this thread into purgatory.
Why doesn’t TSR apparently protect users from abuse directed at them on the basis of sex (ie. being biologically female or male)? What would TSR do for example if a user made dehumanising comments about menstruation?

Where does the line between criticism and something that contravenes TSR’s rules lie?
Certain castes with in the caste system deserve criticism (people who don’t believe in a free and fair society might attempt to deny this) and violent religion such as fundamental Christianity also do. Protecting these groups from critique could easily be interpreted as pandering to or even supporting them.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cancelled Alice
For the benefit of all users I would grateful if a mod could clarify what threatening hatred means? And as well please don’t place this thread into purgatory.
Why doesn’t TSR apparently protect users from abuse directed at them on the basis of sex (ie. being biologically female or male)? What would TSR do for example if a user made dehumanising comments about menstruation?

Where does the line between criticism and something that contravenes TSR’s rules lie?
Certain castes with in the caste system deserve criticism (people who don’t believe in a free and fair society might attempt to deny this) and violent religion such as fundamental Christianity also do. Protecting these groups from critique could easily be interpreted as pandering to or even supporting them.

thank you for abusing my religion.
inb4 deleted :h:
Original post by the bear
thank you for abusing my religion.

Are you a fundamental Christian?
LOL someone has actually reported this thread :colonhash:
Are you a fundamental Christian?

my religion is a private affair.
Reply 6
Marking my territory before it’s removed
my religion is a private affair.

It's public enough for you to let me know that I've 'abused' it.
It's public enough for you to let me know that I've 'abused' it.

a feisty one you are
Reply 9
Well it seems like nothing has happened to this thread yet.
Original post by brjf

Don't hold your breath...
a feisty one you are

darth.jpeg:wink:
Reply 12

Where did you get those rules from as well? It’s very blurry and anything that is perceived as an attack could be treated as one
Original post by brjf
Where did you get those rules from as well? It’s very blurry and anything that is perceived as an attack could be treated as one

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq.php?faq=tsr_cat#faq_site_rules_and_guidelines_detailed
I am hoping that my interpretation is wrong and that TSR isn’t pandering to unpleasant ideologies. The mods are more than welcome at any point to come by and to correct my missinterpretation.
(edited 2 years ago)
Boys we are now on two reports!
Original post by brjf

Monday morning meetings.
Reply 16
Original post by Reality Check
Monday morning meetings.

Ah I see
Reply 17
If anyone wants to take a look, I’m posting some of my photos on post a photo you’ve taken
Original post by Reality Check
Monday morning meetings.

The worst kind of meetings :lazy:
Original post by DiddyDec
The worst kind of meetings :lazy:

Absolutely.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending