The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

BMS at lancaster

I'm currently checking the biomedical science course in Manchester/ Newcastle/ Lancaster. But I found out only the Lancaster is accredited while the others are not. Altho Lancaster might be a good choice since it is accredited, the campus seems to be quite isolated. I want to work in hospital labs so can u help me please? Also, is Lancaster a good choice? I don't know much about uk universities so please help me
Reply 1
I am planning to apply there and I think it is a good choice. Not sure if it is actually isolated-I know it looks isolated. What other unis are you planning to apply to?
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Hi, not sure about the course, but my eldest, she studies at Lancaster second year in physics, so know a bit about the campus. Just been with the youngest round the lancaster environment centre (that does biology/biomedicine/zoology/ecology) on the open day last week.
Regarding to it being isolated. Distance to the city centre is 15 minutes on the bus which runs very regularly, about every 10 mins or so. You can walk to the city as well, be it via the main road, or the scenic canal route.
The uni campus has a spar and central, which are the supermarkets. Lots and lots of eateries and a bar at every college there.
If you want to know more https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6904136 has more information about the campus and uni, and they have an open day next month if you wish to visit.
Lancaster has a very good health and innovation campus as well, and the hospital in Lancaster is right on the 1A bus path into the city.

A lot of students also go to manchester /liverpool and edinburgh for a weekend, as well as the lakes via train. Plus the bus from campus can take you blackpool and morecambe, seaside resorts.
If you want a campus with great teaching, pretty decent city with links to the seaside, and other busier cities, then Lancaster is a great choice. Its nightlife is not as busy as newcastle/manchester, but still busy enough with a couple of clubs and lots of bars,.
ps biomedicines lab we saw and it looks so smart and we was very impressed :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by 1234?
I am planning to apply there and I think it is a good choice. Not sure if it is actually isolated-I know it looks isolated. What other unis are you planning to apply to?

I m looking into manchester and newcastle. St george also has accredited course .. still looking into. are u going for next sep?
Reply 5
Original post by 𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂
Hi, not sure about the course, but my eldest, she studies at Lancaster second year in physics, so know a bit about the campus. Just been with the youngest round the lancaster environment centre (that does biology/biomedicine/zoology/ecology) on the open day last week.
Regarding to it being isolated. Distance to the city centre is 15 minutes on the bus which runs very regularly, about every 10 mins or so. You can walk to the city as well, be it via the main road, or the scenic canal route.
The uni campus has a spar and central, which are the supermarkets. Lots and lots of eateries and a bar at every college there.
If you want to know more https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6904136 has more information about the campus and uni, and they have an open day next month if you wish to visit.
Lancaster has a very good health and innovation campus as well, and the hospital in Lancaster is right on the 1A bus path into the city.

A lot of students also go to manchester /liverpool and edinburgh for a weekend, as well as the lakes via train. Plus the bus from campus can take you blackpool and morecambe, seaside resorts.
If you want a campus with great teaching, pretty decent city with links to the seaside, and other busier cities, then Lancaster is a great choice. Its nightlife is not as busy as newcastle/manchester, but still busy enough with a couple of clubs and lots of bars,.

Oh really? Thank you for such information. I cant visit the campus as i'm an international student. i can only check youtube vlogs and from the internet. I am coming UK alone so scared that i will make a wrong choice of school. thank youuuu so much
Reply 6
Original post by jiji_jangg
I m looking into manchester and newcastle. St george also has accredited course .. still looking into. are u going for next sep?

yes I am.Are you too?
Oh really? Thank you for such information. I cant visit the campus as i'm an international student. i can only check youtube vlogs and from the internet. I am coming UK alone so scared that i will make a wrong choice of school. thank youuuu so much

You are welcome. My daughter and me watched a you tuber called 'watchdevante' . He was an international student staying for a term at Lancaster and lives in the 'county townhouse' accommodation. They are about 4 years old, but he vlogs every day whilst he is in England and does also show Lancaster in his vlogs, as well as trips to liverpool and london. He lists his vlogs, day 1 the departure....., day 2 registration day.... day 3 orientation day..... etc right up until day 86 lol. My eldest stayed in Grizedale college townhouse which are the same layout and they are very sociable as they have a living room area as well as a kitchen.
Reply 8
Original post by 1234?
yes I am.Are you too?

yessss hope to see you next year! have you decided your sch?
Reply 9
Original post by 𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂
You are welcome. My daughter and me watched a you tuber called 'watchdevante' . He was an international student staying for a term at Lancaster and lives in the 'county townhouse' accommodation. They are about 4 years old, but he vlogs every day whilst he is in England and does also show Lancaster in his vlogs, as well as trips to liverpool and london. He lists his vlogs, day 1 the departure....., day 2 registration day.... day 3 orientation day..... etc right up until day 86 lol. My eldest stayed in Grizedale college townhouse which are the same layout and they are very sociable as they have a living room area as well as a kitchen.

I will check it out. thank you so much i mean it.
Reply 10
yessss hope to see you next year! have you decided your sch?

You too.What do you mean by sch?
Reply 11
Original post by 1234?
You too.What do you mean by sch?

sorry i mean which University
Reply 12
sorry i mean which University

I think I’ll apply to Lancaster ,Keele don’t know about the other two.what about you?
Reply 13
Lancaster right now and st george's london? i'm really sure yet. want to go for accredited uni so.... and sorry for late reply

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending