The Student Room Group

Hull York Medical School A100 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
hi does anyone what the criteria is for contextual points and also how to calculate the score to get an interview.
i really appreciate the help
Reply 41
I calculate my HYMS as 69 - is this too low??
Reply 42
i think my calc is about 73, based on this i took from 2021 thread:

GCSE's are 30 points- 9/8 grade = 5 points, 7 = 4, 6 = 3 etc for "based upon the best six achieved grades at GCSE "

UCAT- 40 points- top decile gives you 40 points, each decile down takes away 4 points, so if you're in the 9th decile you get 40, 8th = 36, 7th = 32 etc

SJT- 15 points- Band 1 gives 15 points, Band 2 = 10, Band 3 = 5

Contextual- 15 points if you qualify

i have 7 A* so i score the max 30
i think my Ucat score of 2690 will give me 28 points..i think!
STJ Band 1 = 15
No Contextual = 0

So thats 73/100, right.
Hey,

I think Hull-York could be a sensible option for me. However, the band 2 could put my score down post-interview?
Here are my scores:
GCSE's 9999997776- 30/30 points. Am i right in thinking they use the best GCSE's not core subjects?
UCAT score 2710 = 32/40 points or 28/40?
SJT B2=10/15
Contextual= 15/15

The total score comes to 87/100 or 83/100? ( depending on my UCAT points).
I know i get the points for contextual post interview but i have also got B2 in SJT? Is it safe or risky to apply? I'm worried my SJT score could have a negative impact.
Anyway, thanks very much for reading my post and any help would be hugely appreciated.
Reply 44
Mind me to ask about the decile , it has been discussed heavily in another mega thread when we looked at the interim that day.
So for 9th decile, they scored 40/40 in HYmS.
How about those over the 9th decile like 3000+ ?
Am I confused with the decile again now?
Reply 45
Alright.

Thank you.
My ucat is 2740 and so is 8th or 7th decile?
32/40 or 28/40?
Reply 46
Thank you. Hope so mate
Original post by fluffffypanda1
Its so annoying, why are they so vague. :mad: They dont reply to e-mails either.

YEP No idea at the moment how to get my score. I don't want to apply blindly. Why do they except we do this?
Original post by rob8123
i think my calc is about 73, based on this i took from 2021 thread:

gcse's are 30 points- 9/8 grade = 5 points, 7 = 4, 6 = 3 etc for "based upon the best six achieved grades at gcse "

ucat- 40 points- top decile gives you 40 points, each decile down takes away 4 points, so if you're in the 9th decile you get 40, 8th = 36, 7th = 32 etc

sjt- 15 points- band 1 gives 15 points, band 2 = 10, band 3 = 5

contextual- 15 points if you qualify

i have 7 a* so i score the max 30
i think my ucat score of 2690 will give me 28 points..i think!
Stj band 1 = 15
no contextual = 0

so thats 73/100, right.

hold up this is how to calculate?!?!?
Original post by barksdale_
hold up this is how to calculate?!?!?

I thought it was the top decile gets 40pts and the next gets 30 etc?
Original post by chris01928
I thought it was the top decile gets 40pts and the next gets 30 etc?

No, ofc idk if this is right, but from previous threads each decile is 4 points, so 1st decile is 4, 2nd is 8, 3rd is 12 etc etc. It does make sense bc there are 10 deciles (anyone above 9th decile=10th decile) so the max points would be 10*4=40, and HYMS scores UCAT out of 40.
have they released any data on how much weighting is given to ucat post interview when deciding offers?
Only Sjt is considered post interview at HYMS
Does anyone know how many places HYMS has for international applicants as compared to no. of applications received? Also I got 2930 Band 1, good academics but not so much work experience. Do you think it's worth applying or will the lack of a lot of work experience put me at huge disadvantage?
I have a few days shadowing+ one month long internship at a child development centre (mostly online)+ BSMS virtual work experience. I am planning on getting more work exp. in the coming months for the interview
(edited 2 years ago)
UCAT consortium thingy tells them.
(They said at the open day)
Hi,

Can anyone please comment if these stats would be sufficient for HYMS, or is it too risky?

Gcse's

Maths 9
Further maths 9
Chem 9
Geography 9
Biology 8
Physics 8
RS 8
Business 7
Eng 6
Eng Lit 6

UCAT (2600)
DM 670
QR 680
AR 710
VR 540
SJ Band 2

Predicted grades A* AA in Maths bio Chem

Thanks in advance
(edited 2 years ago)
Does anyone know if UEA dont consider your application if you didnt apply there last year (i am a reapplicant). i have emailed them but they havent responded
Rlly o thought it was ~59?
Sorry! I meant to write HYMS. I’m applying to both and am asking about both in respective threads!
Oh okay ty x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending