The Student Room Group

Pwc flying start 2022

Scroll to see replies

Not really we won't get an idea cos not everyone knows about or even has student room.
Original post by Spu354334
Not really we won't get an idea cos not everyone knows about or even has student room.

Fairs. But the previous years’ applicants have been quite live on here so if it isnt live this year then maybe there are less
Original post by Jaaferrrr!!!
Do you know anyone else applying? Hopefully after people have applied we’ll see them on here and get an idea of how many people r applying the less the better ofc

One of my mates was at the uob summer school and they told me 5 or 6 people they spoke to are applying
Original post by Coderanj
One of my mates was at the uob summer school and they told me 5 or 6 people they spoke to are applying

Did ur mate get any info abt the course like salary or somit
Did ur mate get any info abt the course like salary or somit

I messaged someone on LinkedIn and they told me its 12k, 15k 20k, 17.5k
I messaged someone on LinkedIn and they told me its 12k, 15k 20k, 17.5k

In the ucas application what r u putting under the finance section cuz this course is being paid for ofc
In the ucas application what r u putting under the finance section cuz this course is being paid for ofc

I got told to put the UK student finance service option or whatever it is because I might not get on and student finance applications can be cancelled so it makes sense to apply for sf as a backup

Nah they don't pay for the course unless it's that business management one, audit and tech don't get it
Nah they don't pay for the course unless it's that business management one, audit and tech don't get it

Tech does
It's a degree apprenticeship
Tech does
It's a degree apprenticeship

Oh does it, thats cool
I got told to put the UK student finance service option or whatever it is because I might not get on and student finance applications can be cancelled so it makes sense to apply for sf as a backup

Okay sorted thanks
Oh does it, thats cool

yeh
Okay sorted thanks

np
Reply 33
Hi.
Do you know for the flying start degrees and how some unis have a required grade for GCSE, do you think they’ll be more lenient due to covid?
Reply 34
I havent sent mine off yet, just finishing my personal statement. What a levels r u doing and what are your predicteds

Hi, if you don’t mind me asking. What experience have you put in your personal statement if you done any? Just curious to see what people are saying
Original post by Amana1
Hi.
Do you know for the flying start degrees and how some unis have a required grade for GCSE, do you think they’ll be more lenient due to covid?

As they get so many applicants sadly I doubt they’ll accept below required grades unless there are exceptional circumstances.

You could contact the Uni department directly to ask if you wanted to be certain rather than waste an application option.
Original post by Amana1
Hi.

Leeds requires a 6 in gcse maths if a level maths isnt taken. And they require a c in english so birmingham myt be the same
Reply 37
Original post by Disperately
As they get so many applicants sadly I doubt they’ll accept below required grades unless there are exceptional circumstances.

You could contact the Uni department directly to ask if you wanted to be certain rather than waste an application option.

Yes, I did contact the uni about this and they said after I apply I should email them again so the course selector knows about my circumstances and they may overlook it but it’s not guaranteed. I was just wondering if anyone knew of someone getting accepted by not meeting the gcse requirements
Original post by Amana1
Yes, I did contact the uni about this and they said after I apply I should email them again so the course selector knows about my circumstances and they may overlook it but it’s not guaranteed. I was just wondering if anyone knew of someone getting accepted by not meeting the gcse requirements

What r ur gcses
Reply 39
What r ur gcses

For maths I got a grade 5 and then when I retook them in year 12 they predicted me a 5 again
For English I got 6 in both Lang and lit
And I got a 6/7 in everything else.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending