The Student Room Group

Sunderland Medicine 2022 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by glabib
Hi, yes I completed one last year for Keele. Yeah you basically just list your roles & responsibilities in various scenarios like leadership/where you lead a team, a role where you helped someone out (eg tutoring) and I'm pretty sure there's a role to do with work experience too, you provide a brief description of them, pretty sure there's a word limit I remember cramming things lol. I don't remember attaching evidence like certificates but you will have to have emails/contact details of someone (not family members) who can verify your roles eg I did tutoring so I included the email of the teacher who organised tutoring at my school. I'll try remember more because I'm reapplying again this year and let you know. Hope this helps! PS your roles don't have to necessarily be medicine-related but anything you think would show that you can be a good doctor lol.

Thank you so much! Just another few questions:
- I tutor two children but they’re part of family friends (got paid a few times as well). So would I not be able to share their details? As my school wasn’t involved in this (although they do know it happened).
- I will be starting a care home volunteering in person soon (approx 2 weeks). Around when do they send the forms out? As I’m not sure if I’ll have much experience at it by then.
- I did do a virtual care home volunteering (approx 2 months) although it wasn’t very formal (I didn’t do it long term as I didn’t feel like I was actually contributing much) would I be able to reference to that if needs to be?
- is there a time frame of how old the experience is? I did some volunteering at a library in the summer if 2019 (lol only time you could stuff before COVID) so would I be able to draw upon that?

Thank you so much and good luck!
Reply 41
Original post by studentLuna
Thank you so much! Just another few questions:
- I tutor two children but they’re part of family friends (got paid a few times as well). So would I not be able to share their details? As my school wasn’t involved in this (although they do know it happened).
- I will be starting a care home volunteering in person soon (approx 2 weeks). Around when do they send the forms out? As I’m not sure if I’ll have much experience at it by then.
- I did do a virtual care home volunteering (approx 2 months) although it wasn’t very formal (I didn’t do it long term as I didn’t feel like I was actually contributing much) would I be able to reference to that if needs to be?
- is there a time frame of how old the experience is? I did some volunteering at a library in the summer if 2019 (lol only time you could stuff before COVID) so would I be able to draw upon that?

Thank you so much and good luck!

No problem!
-Yes I think you can share their details just as long as they're not immediate family members, it doesn't necessarily have to be someone from school.
-I received my form on the 16th October and they give you approx 2 weeks to fill it out so the deadline was 2nd November and you upload it to your applicant portal on their website. So I think you should have a decent amount of experience by then.
-Yes you can reference that, I don't think they'll mind that it was virtual as it's still a caring role.
-I don't remember if there's a specific time frame but I do remember filling in how long each role was so you should be okay to bring up roles from 2019 etc they said ideally 3 years within your application so that's fine.
Hope this helps! I'll try add more if I can, good luck :smile:
Original post by glabib
No problem!
-Yes I think you can share their details just as long as they're not immediate family members, it doesn't necessarily have to be someone from school.
-I received my form on the 16th October and they give you approx 2 weeks to fill it out so the deadline was 2nd November and you upload it to your applicant portal on their website. So I think you should have a decent amount of experience by then.
-Yes you can reference that, I don't think they'll mind that it was virtual as it's still a caring role.
-I don't remember if there's a specific time frame but I do remember filling in how long each role was so you should be okay to bring up roles from 2019 etc they said ideally 3 years within your application so that's fine.
Hope this helps! I'll try add more if I can, good luck :smile:

Thank you so much!
Reply 43
What is the Gamsat cut off for Sunderland last year?
anyone know anything about casper?
Reply 45
Original post by daisydavidson65

He was a very friendly ghost?? 🤪
Reply 46
Any application advice for medicine at Sunderland
Reply 47
Original post by daisydavidson65

It’s a STJ test that Sunderland are piloting this year. From what I understand you’ll sit the test if you get an invite for interview, though it won’t dictate whether you get an offer or not as they’re not scoring it this time around.
Original post by laurab_
It’s a STJ test that Sunderland are piloting this year. From what I understand you’ll sit the test if you get an invite for interview, though it won’t dictate whether you get an offer or not as they’re not scoring it this time around.

Thank you I took that from it also but don't really understand the point of it if they aren't using it!
Reply 49
Hmm exactly
Hi guys,

After applying did anyone get an acknowledgement email or anything in general? Just wanted to know as I haven’t received anything yet.
Reply 51
Hi guys,

After applying did anyone get an acknowledgement email or anything in general? Just wanted to know as I haven’t received anything yet.

I didn’t either😊
Hi guys,

same I haven’t received anything and I sent my application this morning
Sent mine yesterday and received acknowledgment emails from the other 3 but just not Sunderland. I think they might send it with the R&R form?
Yeah I didn't get acknowledgement from Sunderland, but I got this a couple of days after I applied:

"We know you are interested in studying MBChB Medicine at the University of Sunderland.
You may have heard we are experiencing some technical issues with our website meaning you may not have been able to access any last minute information on your chosen course"

Anyone else get this too?
Original post by medprincess
Yeah I didn't get acknowledgement from Sunderland, but I got this a couple of days after I applied:

"We know you are interested in studying MBChB Medicine at the University of Sunderland.
You may have heard we are experiencing some technical issues with our website meaning you may not have been able to access any last minute information on your chosen course"

Yes
hi guys, the uni is currently having some technical issues due to a cyber attack so it’s likely communication will be limited at the moment, however if i remember rightly the first communication i had last year was when i received the r&r form :smile:
Original post by medprincess

Does that mean there may've been a last minute change to some aspects of the course/ admissions?
Reply 58
Original post by IJaguar
Does that mean there may've been a last minute change to some aspects of the course/ admissions?

not sure, but why would this be the case? Did you receive an email that they're having technical issues? I didn't
Original post by AK.11
not sure, but why would this be the case? Did you receive an email that they're having technical issues? I didn't

That's what I thought "you may not have been able to access any last minute information your course" could've meant, but I think it just means that we weren't able to look at the course details just before the deadline.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending