The Student Room Group

My anxiety is really high and I can’t sleep

I’ve been feeling stressed and anxious all day. I can’t sleep. And the fact that I can’t sleep is stressing me even more as I need to be up early as well. Please I need help
How u ever listen to Relaxin music or take a deep breath and think about the positive things or doing something you love for awhile to calm you down from anxiety or detract ur self for a bit or take walk around ur house or read something to keep you calm watch a movie to make ur self laugh but not sad or give ur self a spa at home or clean ur house it’s says it’s helps anxiety idk I tried to help
Reply 2
Original post by Peace24
I’ve been feeling stressed and anxious all day. I can’t sleep. And the fact that I can’t sleep is stressing me even more as I need to be up early as well. Please I need help

Just accept that you are not going to sleep and just relax your body and concentrate on your breathing.Breathe in for4 counts ,hold for seven,breathe out for 8.Repeat 10 times.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Thank you
Reply 4
Original post by Peace24

Alongside practising breathing exercises perhaps also try meditation or using headspace or calm (these are apps/websites)
but most importantly, make sure you speak to somebody. speaking to someone enables you to say everything that is on your mind and relieve all the tension that u have inside. Try speak to someone that is trained if you are able to or use childline (they are amazing).
Im always open for a chat if you need <3
Reply 5
Thank you so much. I was able to do so
Reply 6
the awnsers on here are already great, but I would say also realize that everybody is a little anxious, scared and stressed all the time. being anxious is synonymous with being human. everyone's suffering with anxiety, all you can do is tune it out as best you can tho. cus really at the heart of it, anxiety is being worried about possibilities, but I assure you all those possibilities your mind is creating are utter garbage. anxiety is really just there to protect us but it's not of much use in abundance, in most people lives today. just relax, things happen the way they do for no reason, honestly no one can control that, but they tend to not end up so bad.
ashgandwa and cbd were made for that purpose
Original post by Peace24
Thank you so much. I was able to do so

What worked for you?
Original post by Peace24

Hiya hope you're doing well :smile: if you still need help with this please feel free to message me!
Reply 10
Original post by Moonlight Rain
What worked for you?

I spoke to a friend of mine the next day and motivational videos. I’m still getting anxious but it’s not as bad
Reply 11
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
Hiya hope you're doing well :smile: if you still need help with this please feel free to message me!

Thank you I will
Reply 12
Original post by johnnnh
the awnsers on here are already great, but I would say also realize that everybody is a little anxious, scared and stressed all the time. being anxious is synonymous with being human. everyone's suffering with anxiety, all you can do is tune it out as best you can tho. cus really at the heart of it, anxiety is being worried about possibilities, but I assure you all those possibilities your mind is creating are utter garbage. anxiety is really just there to protect us but it's not of much use in abundance, in most people lives today. just relax, things happen the way they do for no reason, honestly no one can control that, but they tend to not end up so bad.

Yes I totally agree. I’m learning how to control it. I’ve known to be anxious but lately it feels like it’s gotten a lot worse- just a lot of things happening. Thank you for the advice though
I feel you man. I can't lie, I also get told the same stuff. I was never an anxious guy, but I got mugged walking to the store. I live in a pretty chill area so that really made me superstitious. I live in a 'third world' country but my area is pretty comfortable and they're were a lot of people around even some armed police, they just took my phone and some cash but I just couldn't stop wondering what would have happened if I didn't give it to them fast enough or if they wanted to take me with them. it got so bad that we had to put locks on the locks for the gates and doors and even though we had cctv and at night I would just stare at it I thought it was lying 💀💀💀. but eventually I got more and more relaxed, I think the guys who mugged me didn't want to properly fight, I just figured if anything is ever going to happen to me though it will almost definitely not be because I wasn't anxious enough. things happen all the time at random that aren't in our control and that's okay. I could have a heart attack rn and die alone while I'm texting you this, but the likelihood of that happening is about the same as the likelihood of my superstitions occuring
Reply 14
Original post by johnnnh
I feel you man. I can't lie, I also get told the same stuff. I was never an anxious guy, but I got mugged walking to the store. I live in a pretty chill area so that really made me superstitious. I live in a 'third world' country but my area is pretty comfortable and they're were a lot of people around even some armed police, they just took my phone and some cash but I just couldn't stop wondering what would have happened if I didn't give it to them fast enough or if they wanted to take me with them. it got so bad that we had to put locks on the locks for the gates and doors and even though we had cctv and at night I would just stare at it I thought it was lying 💀💀💀. but eventually I got more and more relaxed, I think the guys who mugged me didn't want to properly fight, I just figured if anything is ever going to happen to me though it will almost definitely not be because I wasn't anxious enough. things happen all the time at random that aren't in our control and that's okay. I could have a heart attack rn and die alone while I'm texting you this, but the likelihood of that happening is about the same as the likelihood of my superstitions occuring

I’m sorry that happened to you. I come from a third world country as well, nothing as bad happened to me but they were still things that shook me. But I always got over it. I suppose it could also be age that it may be getting worse.
Yes true. The mind is powerful ey
CBD is literally made for that. Check out Cannacares, who offer a range of high quality products. CBD patches in particular are great for sleep as they last for 24 hours. Supplement this with Cannacares' medically-certified CBD vape oil in order to achieve a great night of sleep. Cannacares are also on Studentbeans and offer 30% off all products.

Quick Reply

Latest