The Student Room Group

what do you do when you feel lonely and you are most of the time??

I’m suffering people. I would love to hear what others do.
Original post by Anonymous

Hi!

I completely empathise with this. I was in a similar position myself, even though I was trying my best to be around others, I would still feel lonely. What helped me is finding an outlet for any unspent emotions I was carrying with me. Sometimes it may be hard to open up initiallly to others, for me I would write in my journal regularly just to check-in with what I was feeling, eventually I got counselling through my uni which helped a lot.

Sometimes lonliness comes from within regardless of the presence or absence of other people, and i think discussing it more with friends, family, or loved ones who you know you can trust and are willing to listen and be supportive can help as a first step.
If you're currently a university student/ student in general, sign up for clubs/societies and get involved in the local community! When I was first trying to overcome my lonliness I decided to pass time by joining societies and clubs that focused around my interests, and it led to me making great friends but also establishing my own sense of self. I hope this helps!
CRY
Original post by Pearson Business School Rep
Hi!

I completely empathise with this. I was in a similar position myself, even though I was trying my best to be around others, I would still feel lonely. What helped me is finding an outlet for any unspent emotions I was carrying with me. Sometimes it may be hard to open up initiallly to others, for me I would write in my journal regularly just to check-in with what I was feeling, eventually I got counselling through my uni which helped a lot.

Sometimes lonliness comes from within regardless of the presence or absence of other people, and i think discussing it more with friends, family, or loved ones who you know you can trust and are willing to listen and be supportive can help as a first step.
If you're currently a university student/ student in general, sign up for clubs/societies and get involved in the local community! When I was first trying to overcome my lonliness I decided to pass time by joining societies and clubs that focused around my interests, and it led to me making great friends but also establishing my own sense of self. I hope this helps!

What a wonderful reply!

Thanks for spreading the love.

I am very pleased you are in a better place now and can demonstrate that we can help ourselves in this situation.

Other people are just as lonely inside, it's just they don't show it. All we have to do is reach out.

Here's a reassuring song that has helped me when I feel lonely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbXWrmQW-OE
Original post by Anonymous

I go on the student room! Having spent years here, I have made lots of virtual friends. It's a welcoming place.

If you look at the other threads, you are not alone. There are plenty of unconfident, worried, upset, lonely people on here. You are welcome to join chat threads on here, or take part in competitions etc.

The Pearson business school rep has some great advice. It takes some bravery to join a new club or pursue a hobby but if you take a deep breath and do it, you won't regret it.

Most people are friendly and kind, and you may be surprised at how welcome you are made.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending