The Student Room Group

UCLan A100 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by itssm1234
hi! I'm an international student too and I'm applying to uclan for medicine as well. from what I know, they don't require you to attempt the BMAT or UCAT. What I would suggest is that you focus on acing your school/board exams. I think this would be enough to get yourself an interview but I'll have to look into their admission processes. like yourself, I couldnt find much about this university except those that were posted about 10 years ago. hope this helped. Best of luck:smile: I hope you get in if you apply xx

Hi! I recently passed out of high school (in July) and I know my scores. I'm currently getting work experience, reading up on medicine in the UK, getting more insight, etc and hoping to get an interview! Good luck to you too!!
Are you applying to other unis such as Buckingham/Brunel or any unis which require test scores?
Original post by tanishab1234
Hi! I recently passed out of high school (in July) and I know my scores. I'm currently getting work experience, reading up on medicine in the UK, getting more insight, etc and hoping to get an interview! Good luck to you too!!
Are you applying to other unis such as Buckingham/Brunel or any unis which require test scores?

congrats on graduation!! yeah I'll be applying to a couple more universities (Buckingham and Brunel included) that require test scores cause I sat the UCAT a couple weeks back and my score isn't sufficient to get considered in some of the unis :frown: regardless, I hope to get an interview somewhere (fingers crossed xd). if you don't mind me asking, are you taking a gap year or have you heard back from some colleges?
Original post by itssm1234
congrats on graduation!! yeah I'll be applying to a couple more universities (Buckingham and Brunel included) that require test scores cause I sat the UCAT a couple weeks back and my score isn't sufficient to get considered in some of the unis :frown: regardless, I hope to get an interview somewhere (fingers crossed xd). if you don't mind me asking, are you taking a gap year or have you heard back from some colleges?

I'm currently on a gap year! It took me a while to decide I really wanted to do medicine plus unfortunately I missed last year's deadline
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Leaf.
Are you a home (UK) student?

Yeah I am (I'm no longer applying to UCLan anymore however)
Reply 24
Original post by KA_P
Yeah I am (I'm no longer applying to UCLan anymore however)

Any reason in particular as to why?
Original post by Leaf.
Any reason in particular as to why?

Hm I'd say the number of places available mostly deterred me. This is my second time applying, so I don't feel confident applying to UCLan, I guess I weighed my options and my likelihood of getting an interview and whether or not I would be put at advantage/disadvantage post-interview and compared that to my other potential uni choices and so went with something other than UCLan. I hope I'm not deterring anyone else btw, I'm just trying to apply strategically based on my background, and everyone's background is unique so they should make their own choices according to the research they've done and apply that to their portfolio/application.
Reply 26
Original post by KA_P
Hm I'd say the number of places available mostly deterred me. This is my second time applying, so I don't feel confident applying to UCLan, I guess I weighed my options and my likelihood of getting an interview and whether or not I would be put at advantage/disadvantage post-interview and compared that to my other potential uni choices and so went with something other than UCLan. I hope I'm not deterring anyone else btw, I'm just trying to apply strategically based on my background, and everyone's background is unique so they should make their own choices according to the research they've done and apply that to their portfolio/application.

Cheers mate. Thanks for your advice.
Original post by Leaf.
Cheers mate. Thanks for your advice.

: )))
Original post by UCLan Student
Hi @333111,

Thanks for your message! It's great to hear that you are wanting to apply to study with us here at UCLan.

For more information on the application process, please visit here. Once you have clicked on the level of study you are applying for, this will provide you with more information, such as entry requirements, key dates and your next steps.

I graduated from UCLan this year, and found the application process really straightforward and easy to navigate. If you have any problems or further questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch or you can find relevant contact details here.

Best of luck with your application 😊
Dan

How many interviews are given out for medicine?
Does anyone know if we still need to fill out the TSS form this year?
Original post by KA_P
Does anyone know the interview to offer ratio? Could there be any tips from current students and your stats if possible? Do you like the campus? Likes and dislikes? I'm just asking random questions now aha. Hope everyone's having a good day... : )

Attached is the Admission Stats.. They are yet to release the information for 2021 admission cycle. I believe during 2021 Uclan received large no. of applications.
Original post by Smatthew
Attached is the Admission Stats.. They are yet to release the information for 2021 admission cycle. I believe during 2021 Uclan received large no. of applications.

...they invited 6 people to interview in 2017....and made 12 offers? Hmmmm....
Original post by Unknown3598
I’m a RUK student (North west), and I’ve applied to UCLan for medicine, my predicted grades are 3As, GCSEs-4 A* 2A and 2Bs, do I have a good chance of getting an interview/and offer?

I'm afraid that I don't know about UCLan's specific process, but you have applied now, so all you can do is keep your fingers crossed :smile:
Original post by becausethenight
I'm afraid that I don't know about UCLan's specific process, but you have applied now, so all you can do is keep your fingers crossed :smile:

Do you know how many places they offer to UK students, because I can’t seem to find anything on their website and majority of ppl are saying 15?
Do you know how many places they offer to UK students, because I can’t seem to find anything on their website and majority of ppl are saying 15?

I've always heard 15, but couldn't give you a source for that. If it's not on their website, you could try freedom of information requests or emailing them directly.
Reply 35
Hi everyone, just wanted to ask if anyone knew how long the personal statement should be if I’m applying directly to UCLan through their online application (not UCAS) (they haven’t specified a character or word limit on the application form)
Original post by anon (:
Hi everyone, just wanted to ask if anyone knew how long the personal statement should be if I’m applying directly to UCLan through their online application (not UCAS) (they haven’t specified a character or word limit on the application form)

Probably the same as the UCAS format (max 4000 characters) as many other ppl will be applying through UCAS, so probably to keep it fair
Probably the same as the UCAS format (max 4000 characters) as many other ppl will be applying through UCAS, so probably to keep it fair

Heyy guys
I'm a home students
Achieved AAAA*
I have also applied for uclan.
Really anxious considering the stats..but has anyone heard from them yet?
Original post by tecna
Heyy guys
I'm a home students
Achieved AAAA*
I have also applied for uclan.
Really anxious considering the stats..but has anyone heard from them yet?

Same I’m a home student too, and so far I haven’t heard back, I think they might start sending out interviews in December?
Have you had any other emails other than the email to confirm your email address because I haven’t got anything yet.
Same I’m a home student too, and so far I haven’t heard back, I think they might start sending out interviews in December?
Have you had any other emails other than the email to confirm your email address because I haven’t got anything yet.

No I havent heard anything from them yet
R u 100% set on going to uclan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending