The Student Room Group

Swansea University A101 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 2Ariadne2
Has anyone else had issues with Swansea saying they haven't received a reference from UCAS??
I've called UCAS who are adamant they've sent the reference and it's Swansea's system which is the problem - but Swansea keep insisting they don't have it and for me to sort it out..... It's very stressful and I'm not sure what to do?!?

I don't have an issue with a reference, my problem is with my education section. I got an email saying that there was omitted info from my education but I've checked my application and it's all there. Maybe there's an issue with their system they don't know about? It might be worth calling Swansea again and relaying anecdotally that other people are having an issue?
Original post by medicphd
I don't have an issue with a reference, my problem is with my education section. I got an email saying that there was omitted info from my education but I've checked my application and it's all there. Maybe there's an issue with their system they don't know about? It might be worth calling Swansea again and relaying anecdotally that other people are having an issue?

I've tried to call so many times and just end up going round the houses as the medical school's number doesn't ring at all and noone else has any other numbers...I've emailed with info from the UCAS representative I spoke to on the phone, apparently Swansea need to contact the UCAS HEP team. I've passed this on but haven't heard anything yet. Let me know if you manage to get through on the phone though
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by 2Ariadne2
I've tried to call so many times and just end up going round the houses as the medical school's number doesn't ring at all and noone else has any other numbers...I've emailed with info from the UCAS representative I spoke to on the phone, apparently Swansea need to contact the UCAS HEP team. I've passed this on but haven't heard anything yet. Let me know if you manage to get through on the phone though

I called the undergrad admissions team and got through pretty quickly, I'm not sure how helpful they'll be with this situation but you could give them a try?

https://www.swansea.ac.uk/admissions/
Reply 23
So I've also received an email today saying my qualifications are missing from the ucas form. I know that's not true, is it a ucas problem or Swansea?
Original post by Mrsmed
So I've also received an email today saying my qualifications are missing from the ucas form. I know that's not true, is it a ucas problem or Swansea?

Hey, I replied on the general GEM 2022 thread :smile:
Hi guys! Does anyone know the rough timelines of when interviews may be given out?
Reply 26
What do you guys on here think the cut off will be for gamsat this year ?
Reply 27
Original post by bhtn1096
Hi guys! Does anyone know the rough timelines of when interviews may be given out?

Last year I received mine second week of December. Not sure if they're sent in batches though. :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by asphodel77
:hello: second time rounder here!

Hopefully this year the GAMSAT cut off for non-welsh applicants will be a little lower - I missed out by one point last year!

That sounds so frustrating
Fingers crossed!
Reply 29
Still waiting ...... have they forgotten about us??
Original post by Laynz1
Still waiting ...... have they forgotten about us??

I checked and last year I had my interview invite on 12 December so it may be a couple of weeks yet :frown:
Reply 31
Called for something else today and the last confirmed beginning of January for inter invited for GEm . That is such a long wait
Reply 32
Hi, Please could you try that sentence again?
Reply 33
Lol!!! Sorry was doing doing something else whilst sending that. I called Swansea today and was told by a lady in GEM admissions that interview invites would be goubgbiut early January .
Reply 34
Hey guys, wonder if anyone can offer some advice. I was going over my UCAS application and the GCSE section shows my school but no results? I'm certain I added them or the school name wouldn't be there.. UCAS also says I haven't made any applications so I'm not sure what's happening. I've emailed them through to Swansea GEM admissions, is this likely to cause me any problems?
Original post by jmsolvr
Hey guys, wonder if anyone can offer some advice. I was going over my UCAS application and the GCSE section shows my school but no results? I'm certain I added them or the school name wouldn't be there.. UCAS also says I haven't made any applications so I'm not sure what's happening. I've emailed them through to Swansea GEM admissions, is this likely to cause me any problems?

If UCAS are saying that you haven't made an application then that's something you need to clear up with them. Did you pay for the application when you submitted it?
Reply 36
If UCAS are saying that you haven't made an application then that's something you need to clear up with them. Did you pay for the application when you submitted it?

I think I've diagnosed the problem, it's showing under postgraduate. It's definitely gone through as I've had confirmation from all universities. But I've noticed quite a number of people having UCAS related issues with unis not receiving results etc.
Original post by jmsolvr
I think I've diagnosed the problem, it's showing under postgraduate. It's definitely gone through as I've had confirmation from all universities. But I've noticed quite a number of people having UCAS related issues with unis not receiving results etc.

Yeah I think UCAS have changed their website, I had an issue with a qualification not showing as well. If you've had confirmation from the uni's then I think you should be fine. When one of my qualification grades was missing Swansea emailed me and asked for it. So I'm sure if it was an issue they would have done the same for you.
Reply 38
Yeah I think UCAS have changed their website, I had an issue with a qualification not showing as well. If you've had confirmation from the uni's then I think you should be fine. When one of my qualification grades was missing Swansea emailed me and asked for it. So I'm sure if it was an issue they would have done the same for you.

Thanks for the reassurance, yeah all I had was ScotGEM asking for confirmation on something (not GCSE) but Swansea and the others have just sent confirmation and their respective questionnaires. Thanks for the advice!
Reply 39
Original post by jmsolvr
Thanks for the reassurance, yeah all I had was ScotGEM asking for confirmation on something (not GCSE) but Swansea and the others have just sent confirmation and their respective questionnaires. Thanks for the advice!

You received a questionnaire from Swansea?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending