The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle university

I am a student who has been accepted into Newcastle university to study architecture and I am starting in 2022 although I want to make some friends before I go and get to know some people as I struggle making friends.
Original post by Anonymous
I am a student who has been accepted into Newcastle university to study architecture and I am starting in 2022 although I want to make some friends before I go and get to know some people as I struggle making friends.

Hey I’m applying to Newcastle to study pharmacy, what made you choose Newcastle?
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Hi @anonymous #1,

We're so happy to hear that you'll be coming to study at Newcastle next year! For trying to find friends, I would recommend having a look for Newcastle University Applicant groups on Facebook; there are usually a couple of groups around, either made by students also looking for friends or by the University itself. They're a great place to find people on the same course as you, in your accommodation, or people with similar interests! Before I arrived in my first year, I used a group like this to find my flatmates! :smile:

However, I would say don't stress too much about making friends before you arrive to study at Newcastle. Everyone will be in the same situation as you, moving away from home, and wanting to make friends. Fresher's Week and talking to people in your lectures and seminars are also the perfect opportunity to meet new people and make friends.

I hope that helps!
~Ashley

Try introducing yourself on this thread - it will more active as more offers come in:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7125806
Reply 4
Original post by ashvinsingh
Hey I’m applying to Newcastle to study pharmacy, what made you choose Newcastle?

I chose Newcastle as it is a very good university for architecture and it gives me the opportunity to move away from home and be more independent. What made you choose this uni?
I chose Newcastle as it is a very good university for architecture and it gives me the opportunity to move away from home and be more independent. What made you choose this uni?

Partners programme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending