The Student Room Group

Buying school safe scissors

It’s a non negotiable item in school. Students are not allowed to bring them in. Do you think that means I can’t keep any in my classroom?

I’ve never seen any in any of the teaching rooms at all? Apart from art. We are to cut any sheets for them so they can go straight into books

It’s a stupid question but I don’t wanna get myself into trouble for letting students use them
Original post by Jammydodger39
It’s a non negotiable item in school. Students are not allowed to bring them in. Do you think that means I can’t keep any in my classroom?

I’ve never seen any in any of the teaching rooms at all? Apart from art. We are to cut any sheets for them so they can go straight into books

It’s a stupid question but I don’t wanna get myself into trouble for letting students use them

Is this secondary? We have scissors in every classroom, though they're the safety type obviously.

If your school have decided that they are not appropriate, this is almost certainly for a reason though. I definitely wouldn't bring in scissors for students to use without consulting somebody first and asking if it's alright, since it sounds like the school are deliberately avoiding their use. Also, to be honest, I wouldn't buy scissors for my classroom because they're not going to come cheap! Best to find alternate activities that don't require scissors.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending