The Student Room Group

Health and social care exams

Year 12s have unit 2 & 3 exams coming up next week and i know that if you fail January exams you get to do retakes in the summer but what happens if you fail those resit exams aswell? Do you get kicked off the course? Or will they let you still do the course in second year? Im really stressed about whats about to happen
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Girlbyeee
Year 12s have unit 2 & 3 exams coming up next week and i know that if you fail January exams you get to do retakes in the summer but what happens if you fail those resit exams aswell? Do you get kicked off the course? Or will they let you still do the course in second year? Im really stressed about whats about to happen

Depends on what your coursework grades are like
Reply 2
Original post by emily528
Depends on what your coursework grades are like

Are coursework grades more important than these unit exams?
Are coursework grades more important than these unit exams?

They are both important, but try to get distinctions on your coursework then its less stress and higher grades
Original post by GayForJKyle
They are both important, but try to get distinctions on your coursework then its less stress and higher grades

That’s what I was going to say
Reply 5
So i shouldn’t be as worried if i fail my unit exams or don’t get as good as i expected?
So i shouldn’t be as worried if i fail my unit exams or don’t get as good as i expected?

What grade do you want overall?
Reply 7
What grade do you want overall?

Aiming for a distinction but i would be okay with a merit
Aiming for a distinction but i would be okay with a merit

So you need to try get all distinctions in coursework and at least a merit in the exams for a distinction. For a merit you need at least merits in al coursework and a pass in the exam. If you fail an exam it’s likely it’ll have an impact on your overall grade so just bear that in mind
Reply 9
So you need to try get all distinctions in coursework and at least a merit in the exams for a distinction. For a merit you need at least merits in al coursework and a pass in the exam. If you fail an exam it’s likely it’ll have an impact on your overall grade so just bear that in mind

Get distinctions in like Like EVERY single coursework?
Get distinctions in like Like EVERY single coursework?

Yeah pretty much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending