The Student Room Group

The Generic Gaming Thread

Scroll to see replies

Ps showcase today. Overall not that impressive except for the 1st party games in development.

Also confirmed uncharted 4 (and dlc) will be remastered for ps5 and pc
Has anyone played undefeated
Original post by jacksonsmith1
Has anyone played undefeated

Never heard of it tbh. What is it about?
Should i get gta definitive trilogy now or wait till sales. Ideally id like to buy the disk version however it seems ps5, series x and pc versions are digital only :colonhash: and sadly, you cant sell the digital version (if the gamess were £10 or even £20, id consider buying but I aint paying £55 for games Im unlikely to play again once ive finished).

As it is, ive got the original ps2 versions and the ps4 ports of the ps2 version (I paid less than £7 total on ps store for the three ports)
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by quasa
Never heard of it tbh. What is it about?

Its a role playing game. You have almost all superman powers flight super breath heat vision etc.its fun
Hi
Its a role playing game. You have almost all superman powers flight super breath heat vision etc.its fun

And what is the intention of the game to win? Or has it no rules and exists just to past the time?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Kallisto
And what is the intention of the game to win? Or has it no rules and exists just to past the time?

Its like gta. You have to complete missions
Its like gta. You have to complete missions

Is it a gangster game too? your is it just the gameplay that is so similar?
No its not a gangster game .its a crime fighting game
Finally I get the time and pleasure to play a game after so many weeks ago: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy.

In times like this I realise how secondary gaming is for myself by now.
(edited 2 years ago)
Gta online contract dlc is live and... Its ok.

It seems there are 2 parts for now. 1st part is the one where you work for franklin and dr dre.

The 2nd part (which i havent unlocked yet despite finishing the dre missions)

Spoiler

Microsoft have purchased activision
Original post by quasa
Microsoft have purchased activision

And what does this mean for a possible fith part of the Crash Bandicoot series? I have learnt that this game is planned but what will microsoft make out of it.
@quasa Do you have ever played the Batman Arkham series, if so, did you struggle with the controlling?
Original post by Kallisto
@quasa Do you have ever played the Batman Arkham series, if so, did you struggle with the controlling?

I have played but haven't struggled on playstation with the controls to be honest. Personally I prefer the Spider-man series by insomniac (worth checking out if you have a ps4 or ps5
The newer preview videos look better than the launch / initial info. But remains to be seen if it plays as good as it looks (likewise sonic frontiers and gt7)

Im curious to see how gta e&e will play and look however, also if there is crossplay
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by quasa
I have played but haven't struggled on playstation with the controls to be honest. Personally I prefer the Spider-man series by insomniac (worth checking out if you have a ps4 or ps5

I finally got used to with the controlling. Boy, this gameplay is so addictive! makes so much fun.
Giving this a bump as I want to talk about games but none of my friends are interested :frown:
completely forgot about this thread :rofl:

But yeah, its bumped again @CoolCavy

Recently I platinumed both Horizon Forbidden West (PS5) and DBZ Kakarot (PS4).

Overall enjoyed both games but both could have been better.

Horizon is visually beautiful on PS5 / easily best water physics in any game Ive seen so far. Story is decent, likeable characters. the gameplay mechanics are a bit rubbish, feels too slow and clunky in fidelity mode and looks like zero dawn in performance mode (surprised no performance RT mode on PS5). Also it has too many repetitive side missions which detract from the flow of the game.

Kakarot pace wise is nice, but it just feels lame, visually on PS4 it looks like a PS3 game and story is not as good as other DBZ games...even though the story is mostly the same.

Played the PS5 trial of sonic frontiers and can honestly see why a lot of people have it in their top 5 / top 3 games of 2022. Visually nowhere near as good as forbidden west on PS5 but is a decent looking and paced game.

Quick Reply

Latest