The Student Room Group

book recommendations??

i've been looking for a few good books i picked out Apple and Rain by sara crossan.
do u guys have any good book recs?

Scroll to see replies

Would you prefer recs from all genres or just YA (looks like this is what Apple and Rain is from a quick search)
Original post by bubba6222
Would you prefer recs from all genres or just YA (looks like this is what Apple and Rain is from a quick search)

i don't mind any genre I just want a good fulfilling read. I read quite heavy topics most the time and don't mind even classics
Original post by p-high-sces
i've been looking for a few good books i picked out Apple and Rain by sara crossan.

The books by cathy glass, lisa stone and mike pannett are all worth a read
i don't mind any genre I just want a good fulfilling read. I read quite heavy topics most the time and don't mind even classics

Some books that I’d personally recommend are Three Things About Elsie by Joanna Cannon and the Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness, I also remember really enjoying Twisted by Steve Cavanagh, it was really different to anything else I’d read and all of his books in general seem to get good reviews.
Reply 5
Girl on fire - Very dark! I would research the triggers before reading.
thank you i love the book recs i will try to read im going to thrift some books tomorrow as well so yeahhh
Original post by elyxe
Girl on fire - Very dark! I would research the triggers before reading.

i just researched it seems dark but idm. ive also read the book thief about the holocaust it was a really good read about 600 pages but worth it. im talking like i remember what happened in the plot <3 thanks tho adding to my book list
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 8
I've been going through the famous classics since last summer since I couldn't think of any specific genre or authors. Of those, Crime & Punishment has maybe been my favourite.
Original post by Sinnoh
I've been going through the famous classics since last summer since I couldn't think of any specific genre or authors. Of those, Crime & Punishment has maybe been my favourite.

I was just going to recommend Crime & Punishment and you beat me to it. :tongue: Awesome book!
The travelling cat chronicles by hiro arikawa
Reply 11
i just researched it seems dark but idm. ive also read the book thief about the holocaust it was a really good read about 600 pages but worth it. im talking like i remember what happened in the plot <3 thanks tho adding to my book list

I love books about the Holocaust. i will definitely buy 'The Book Thief' soon, thank you!
Original post by elyxe
I love books about the Holocaust. i will definitely buy 'The Book Thief' soon, thank you!

no problem!
Reply 13
Resurrection, Tolstoy
Amelie Nothomb's Fear and Trembling is very funny and incisive sketch of a European woman working in the Japanese business world, I'd highly recommend it. Also quite a quick read so not a great investment of time/energy if that's something that is a factor.
Shadow & Bone/ Six of crows
Original post by bubba6222
Some books that I’d personally recommend are Three Things About Elsie by Joanna Cannon and the Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness, I also remember really enjoying Twisted by Steve Cavanagh, it was really different to anything else I’d read and all of his books in general seem to get good reviews.

the chaos walking trilogy is so so good!! i started reading all the other books written by Patrick Ness after reading the trilogy, but that's still my favourite
Les Misérables. is a French historical novel by Victor Hugo
Reply 18

flawed and perfect by cecelia ahern
it ends with us - colleen hoover

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending