The Student Room Group

Edexcel Geography NEA Scores

Hi
My class have got our NEA scores back today and they’re all very below the 2019 boundaries so I was just wondering what other people got this year?

Using the grade boundaries for 2019 I would’ve got a B and that was highest in the class as most would’ve got E/U

Is anyone else experiencing this?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Hi!
My class got our NEA grades today and my friends and I got high fifties out of 70.
Well done with your B, but I think the grades will vary from school to school as we all did different topics!
Original post by FairyKoala04
Hi!
My class got our NEA grades today and my friends and I got high fifties out of 70.
Well done with your B, but I think the grades will vary from school to school as we all did different topics!

Hi,
Thanks for replying!
It sounds like like you did very good!

I just wanted to see what the grade boundaries would roughly be like this year. Do you think they’ll be lower than the 2019 ones?
Original post by Chocolateorange3
Hi
My class have got our NEA scores back today and they’re all very below the 2019 boundaries so I was just wondering what other people got this year?

Using the grade boundaries for 2019 I would’ve got a B and that was highest in the class as most would’ve got E/U

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Is this from your teachers? If so they need to be externally moderated and scores are only provisional.
Original post by Muttley79
Is this from your teachers? If so they need to be externally moderated and scores are only provisional.

Yes I think there are no official grade boundaries at the moment but based of the 2019 ones my class would’ve got one B (me), two C’s, one D, two E’s and one U.

I think they have also been externally moderated as well with other schools in the local area.

It’s just a bit annoying really because I know teachers are not supposed to give feedback but we would all ask if what we wrote was okay and the teacher would always respond along the lines of yes that’s good but obviously it’s not really as most people got below a C
Yes I think there are no official grade boundaries at the moment but based of the 2019 ones my class would’ve got one B (me), two C’s, one D, two E’s and one U.

I think they have also been externally moderated as well with other schools in the local area.

It’s just a bit annoying really because I know teachers are not supposed to give feedback but we would all ask if what we wrote was okay and the teacher would always respond along the lines of yes that’s good but obviously it’s not really as most people got below a C

No the exam board moderation won't have happened yet ...
Original post by Muttley79
No the exam board moderation won't have happened yet ...

Oh okay thanks.

It’s not that I necessarily disagree with the marks I’ve been given it’s more that I’m concerned what sort of position that puts me in for exams and the overall grade.
Oh okay thanks.

It’s not that I necessarily disagree with the marks I’ve been given it’s more that I’m concerned what sort of position that puts me in for exams and the overall grade.

Grade boundaries won't be set until all schools have entered the marks and each school's sample has been moderated.
Hi! I tried to look at the grade boundaries, and I assume it will be slightly lower than 2019. My teachers told my class to not worry about the grade as the marks we get just combine into the end result (I think all 3 papers plus NEA combine to around 280) so it’s more so like what are the marks we have gained now, prior to our exams.
It was difficult with feedback as teachers have to be generic with comments so it’s not biased or so they don’t help a student more than another one.
Tbh I don’t think we could receive feedback until after our exams as some samples need to be sent off for external moderation with Edexcel.
Original post by FairyKoala04
Hi! I tried to look at the grade boundaries, and I assume it will be slightly lower than 2019. My teachers told my class to not worry about the grade as the marks we get just combine into the end result (I think all 3 papers plus NEA combine to around 280) so it’s more so like what are the marks we have gained now, prior to our exams.
It was difficult with feedback as teachers have to be generic with comments so it’s not biased or so they don’t help a student more than another one.
Tbh I don’t think we could receive feedback until after our exams as some samples need to be sent off for external moderation with Edexcel.

Hi!
Thanks for your comment. I would agree with you that the boundaries will be slightly lower and it’s a good point that the marks all get combined together.

I’m not sure if my teacher was supposed to give us our marks for the NEAs then so perhaps they will change after moderation. As I have a small class, all of them will be moderated apparently.
Just got my NEA back, highest mark being 65. I got 59, which would equate to an A but judging by grade boundaries might be an A* as they are assumed to be lower this year!

Hey! I'm in the exact same position. Today my class got out NEA results back and the highest in the class was a B, the rest were mainly C's, D's E's and U's (according to 2019 grade boundaries). We were all very shocked considering our teacher said they were decent. Praying for low grade boundaries :frown:
Original post by Um,Bridge
Hey! I'm in the exact same position. Today my class got out NEA results back and the highest in the class was a B, the rest were mainly C's, D's E's and U's (according to 2019 grade boundaries). We were all very shocked considering our teacher said they were decent. Praying for low grade boundaries :frown:

Well at least other schools are experiencing the same thing so the grade boundaries might actually be lower.
My teacher also said it could be to do with the fact we didn’t have to do any fieldwork as a class this year because of COVID which means we didn’t have as much experience as previous years.
How have you guys got your NEA scores back? I thought you only get to know the results on results day?
Original post by KornFan2004
How have you guys got your NEA scores back? I thought you only get to know the results on results day?

nevermind i got found out and got 61/70 v happy!
Original post by KornFan2004
nevermind i got found out and got 61/70 v happy!

Is it possible I could read your nea? Or do you have any tips. Just starting mine and my skl has been no help

Quick Reply

Latest