The Student Room Group

Geography A level NEA

Thinking about adding to my NEA any one know a way of finding/a map of storm frequency/intensity for a specific area
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by Mysticalfarrier
Thinking about adding to my NEA any one know a way of finding/a map of storm frequency/intensity for a specific area

use arcGIS mapping! I did mine similar where you can put darker/lighter red for worse/more affected areas etc on a satellite map of the area. then just use past weather reports for the frequency and intensities of each storm! I also did mine on physical geography and scored 66/70 so if you do have any other Qs about it (edexcel) let me know!! (if your doing a level)
(Original post by .765346777543)use arcGIS mapping! I did mine similar where you can put darker/lighter red for worse/more affected areas etc on a satellite map of the area. then just use past weather reports for the frequency and intensities of each storm! I also did mine on physical geography and scored 66/70 so if you do have any other Qs about it (edexcel) let me know!! (if your doing a level)

wow that’s a super result! What was your topic ? Title? My daughter doing OCR and finding hard to decide final topic as is interested more in Human but been told Physical better for higher marks and data/stats etc - is that correct? Thank you 😊
Original post by ilovelemons
(Original post by .765346777543)use arcGIS mapping! I did mine similar where you can put darker/lighter red for worse/more affected areas etc on a satellite map of the area. then just use past weather reports for the frequency and intensities of each storm! I also did mine on physical geography and scored 66/70 so if you do have any other Qs about it (edexcel) let me know!! (if your doing a level)

wow that’s a super result! What was your topic ? Title? My daughter doing OCR and finding hard to decide final topic as is interested more in Human but been told Physical better for higher marks and data/stats etc - is that correct? Thank you 😊

my topic was whether hard engineering at southwold was economically efficient for the tourism economy there. basically doing physical and human!

the actual title was something different which I forgot but it was along those lines. so I guess she could do human if she enjoys it more, but bring in physical factors to add the data/stats?
Original post by .765346777543
my topic was whether hard engineering at southwold was economically efficient for the tourism economy there. basically doing physical and human!

the actual title was something different which I forgot but it was along those lines. so I guess she could do human if she enjoys it more, but bring in physical factors to add the data/stats?

Thank you so much for your reply! It’s so helpful to get thoughts and advice from students that have completed their NEA’s. Your topic sounds very technical and unique which I have no doubt was very interesting. I hope you got a fab result!
Original post by ilovelemons
Thank you so much for your reply! It’s so helpful to get thoughts and advice from students that have completed their NEA’s. Your topic sounds very technical and unique which I have no doubt was very interesting. I hope you got a fab result!

thank you!! Good luck to your daughter as well, with enough effort which I'm sure she will put in she will do amazing
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest