The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

It is really scary

I am constantly worried about the school cancelling my hall place for no good reason, leaving me homeless in the midst of a cold night. I am constantly worried about any inadvertent mistakes that would get myself expelled from the university.

It's hard to stop no matter how many reassurances I have got. It's hard to sincerely believe in anyone as they may be conspired against you. It's hard to stop despite repetitive behaviour I made for myself to calm myself down (in vain) whenever the worries pop up.

I don't dare show it in front of anyone. I'm afraid someone would discover I'm insane. The duty advisors of the Student Services do help me calm myself down a lot, yet the intrusive thoughts never seem to subside. They seem to replace one another from time to time, don't they?
You should see a GP and try to get some medication to help if they're a big problem for you.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by SagaciousSag
You should see a GP and try to get some medication to help if they're a big problem for you.

I am really scared. The unthinkable can always happen, can't they?
Well, perhaps, but there's no evidence to suggest that they would. If there was a problem, they would warn you about it on several occasions. Also, your GP is looking to help when they prescribe medication.
Well, perhaps, but there's no evidence to suggest that they would. If there was a problem, they would warn you about it on several occasions. Also, your GP is looking to help when they prescribe medication.

I tried to call my GP, none of the attempts was successful because their line was soooooooo busy
Original post by Anonymous
I tried to call my GP, none of the attempts was successful because their line was soooooooo busy

Try calling at/shortly after 8am (or whenever they open) for a few days, and if that doesn't work, you could move to another one in the area, since that takes a couple of weeks.
Try calling at/shortly after 8am (or whenever they open) for a few days, and if that doesn't work, you could move to another one in the area, since that takes a couple of weeks.

There is no hope.
There is no hope.

Are these posts real, because you have started numeous threads, some saying you are a student and some saying you are going to start in September. The common thing in all of them is that no one will help you, and you can't speak to anyone. Mental health is a very serious and traumatic condition, and if you are seeking attention on these for fun that's disgraceful. St Andrews has very good mental health support (one of the reasons that they are top or second for student satisfaction every year). I can back this up, knowing students who came with ADHD, autism, depression OCD and anxiety and in all instances they were very well supported. Please stop posting this attention-seeking cryptic nonsense as it's offensive to people I know.
Are these posts real, because you have started numeous threads, some saying you are a student and some saying you are going to start in September. The common thing in all of them is that no one will help you, and you can't speak to anyone. Mental health is a very serious and traumatic condition, and if you are seeking attention on these for fun that's disgraceful. St Andrews has very good mental health support (one of the reasons that they are top or second for student satisfaction every year). I can back this up, knowing students who came with ADHD, autism, depression OCD and anxiety and in all instances they were very well supported. Please stop posting this attention-seeking cryptic nonsense as it's offensive to people I know.

I believe it is not more disgraceful than you to write this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending