The Student Room Group

What to expect in year 13?

I saw a post like this for year 12 and I realised that I need some guidance on transitioning into year 13 myself

Should I be scared? Im applying for med!
Original post by haadib011
I saw a post like this for year 12 and I realised that I need some guidance on transitioning into year 13 myself

applying to med too!
it's gonna be a stressful year, that's all I know 😂
Reply 2
Get out Huda there’s gonna be a fire and you’re gonna need to run the ef away
Original post by haadib011

Hi @haadib011,

I remember how anxious and stressful I felt when I was about to transition into Y13, with the daunting thoughts of doing my A-level exams, applying to universities, writing personal statements... It was all very scary. But I think my tip would be to not delay or procrastinate on anything just because the thought of doing it seems scary.

There would be less to worry about and be scared of, if you gave yourself the time to prepare for everything there is to do. Getting an early start to drafting your personal statement would be really beneficial as well! You can read up an ultimate guide to writing up a personal statement here: https://bit.ly/47KUgR8 I would start all the university preparation pretty early on in the year so I could dedicate a lot of the middle and end of the year to my exams and revision.

Hope this helps,
Danish
BCU Student Rep
hiya, as a current year 13 the best advice i can give you is to use your summer!!! whilst breaks are necessary, you have 6 weeks to use them to the best you can - fill in any gaps for revision materials you may need, start planning and writing your personal statement etc. read the wider reading you require for your personal statement then also. you have such limited time in year 13, speaking from personal experience, and i highly regret not doing so!

Quick Reply

Latest