The Student Room Group

compared bayonet charge w/ soti

i managed to write 5 pages and used quotes, structure, language and form

but i still feel like i ****ed up using soti

am i ****ed lol
it doesn't matter what you compared as long as you were convincing :smile:
Original post by ajgiqigjq
it doesn't matter what you compared as long as you were convincing :smile:

does "both poems convey how you should question conflict" sound like a good point?

i led on saying how the protag's patriotism in bayonet charge faltered, linking it with "its a huge nothing we fear" in soti - saying that, at the end of the day, human conflict is nothing and we are taught that it is more meaningful than it is

does that sound ok?? lol
i knew someone who did checking out me history, dw you'll be fine :tongue:
Original post by jennaa21
i knew someone who did checking out me history, dw you'll be fine :tongue:

did they manage to write a lot about it??
Original post by radicaledward
did they manage to write a lot about it??

no, a video by mr salles predicted that checking out me history was going to come up so they studied it very well and oh how that prediction was wrong, its not mr salles fault though, just the students for only studying london and checking out me history. if u wrote about form, structure and language you'll be fine
no, a video by mr salles predicted that checking out me history was going to come up so they studied it very well and oh how that prediction was wrong, its not mr salles fault though, just the students for only studying london and checking out me history. if u wrote about form, structure and language you'll be fine

i said how bayonet charge stanza length goes 8,7,8 and how soti's structure is free verse
would that get me marks for form + structure? the rest of the essay was mainly language analysis and poet's intentions
i said how bayonet charge stanza length goes 8,7,8 and how soti's structure is free verse
would that get me marks for form + structure? the rest of the essay was mainly language analysis and poet's intentions

yes defo that would get you marks
yes defo that would get you marks

thank you for the peace of mind :biggrin:
Would not writing a conclusion cap my marks?
Original post by do de die egg
Would not writing a conclusion cap my marks?

don't think so, im pretty sure conclusions or intros aren't even included in the mark scheme
correct me if i'm wrong :biggrin:
(edited 1 year ago)
don't think so, im pretty sure conclusions or intros aren't even included in the mark scheme

I hope you are right 🤞
does "both poems convey how you should question conflict" sound like a good point?

i led on saying how the protag's patriotism in bayonet charge faltered, linking it with "its a huge nothing we fear" in soti - saying that, at the end of the day, human conflict is nothing and we are taught that it is more meaningful than it is

does that sound ok?? lol

yh that sounds great! personally never thought about those poems in that way but it makes sense. I'm sure you have done fine, after all SOTI can be read as an allegory for violence and war so its fine to compare it to BC.

Don't worry about the exam. Now just focus on your next ones :smile:
Original post by ajgiqigjq
yh that sounds great! personally never thought about those poems in that way but it makes sense. I'm sure you have done fine, after all SOTI can be read as an allegory for violence and war so its fine to compare it to BC.

Don't worry about the exam. Now just focus on your next ones :smile:

thank you! hoping for the best :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest