The Student Room Group

i feel like i've failed my a levels already

i feel so hopeless. I've been revising as much as I can but when I do exam questions I feel like I'm back at square one. I still have so much maths to learn and the exam is a week or so away. I feel like no matter how much I do, i will still fail and i'm so scared. i dont want to let anyone down or myself. I really want to go to uni this year. i feel like when i talk about this to my friends, they're tired of me because theyre all prepared and super smart.

i feel like a lost cause
😭😭😭I do maths too, and it’s eating me away
How are u structuring / doing revision?
Original post by Anonymous
i feel so hopeless. I've been revising as much as I can but when I do exam questions I feel like I'm back at square one. I still have so much maths to learn and the exam is a week or so away. I feel like no matter how much I do, i will still fail and i'm so scared. i dont want to let anyone down or myself. I really want to go to uni this year. i feel like when i talk about this to my friends, they're tired of me because theyre all prepared and super smart.

i feel like a lost cause

Worrying or being stroppy isn't going to improve things so instead of doing that make a back up plan incase you do fail and don't get into university. Jobs or apprenticeships etc
😭😭😭I do maths too, and it’s eating me away
How are u structuring / doing revision?

me too. im just doing questions on the advanced info topics but making very slow progress...
Only way to get better is to do questions, really.
Original post by vicvic38
Only way to get better is to do questions, really.

would it be worth doing the questions for bio/chem in my head? like to save time and not actually write anything
Speak to a teacher about your situation to see if you can arrange a 1-2-1 help session, it might not help a lot but it could give you insight (& some confidence) into your situation.

If you seriously just struggle with maths and visualizing numbers (etc) in general, then it could be worthwhile looking into whether you suffer from Dyscalculia, which is a common symptom of other things such as Dyspraxia.

Not a lot is going to change in a week. Revision, seeking helping, doing questions, etc- these are all a long term effort. Just do the best you can do.

You CAN get into university without maths (I did), but it depends on what you're applying for, your general talent and what your track record is like in other subjects.
would it be worth doing the questions for bio/chem in my head? like to save time and not actually write anything

Depends. Doing questions in your head is good if you're confident you won't skip over details.

Quick Reply

Latest