The Student Room Group

AQA A Level History Paper 2 (options A to T) 7042/2R - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

AQA A Level History Paper 2 (options A to T) 7042/2R - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Tuesday 10th June AM
Length: 2h30

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone have any predictions?
Original post by 15hh
Anyone have any predictions?

Source Question: Vietnam 1955-1963

Own knowledge essays:
A) 1945-1949
B) Nixon in Vietnam or pressures on the Soviet Union
C) Détente
Any resources or pdfs to help with revision guys
Original post by PillarsArch
Any resources or pdfs to help with revision guys

I've found "The Cold War" YT channel really useful in motivating me to revise because its much more interesting than reading the textbook, though it does go quite in-depth, it makes me more likely to remember at least a good level of detail and can be useful for stats etc.

Also, I've been trying to revise using flashcards and quizzes and then planning essays and doing timed practice to consolidate it, which has been really important for me, as I was worried about being able to put this into practice in the exam. I've also just been going back through topics every couple of days. My teacher gave me a bunch of planned essays (attached) so I will usually just plan mine and then compare the ideas to the ones I've been given to see stuff I didn't think of. I've also been using sources from the textbook and the revision guide and that's helped.
Reply 5
Does anyone know what the 2021 exam sources and essays were by any chance?
(Original post by comafax16)I've found "The Cold War" YT channel really useful in motivating me to revise because its much more interesting than reading the textbook, though it does go quite in-depth, it makes me more likely to remember at least a good level of detail and can be useful for stats etc.

Also, I've been trying to revise using flashcards and quizzes and then planning essays and doing timed practice to consolidate it, which has been really important for me, as I was worried about being able to put this into practice in the exam. I've also just been going back through topics every couple of days. My teacher gave me a bunch of planned essays (attached) so I will usually just plan mine and then compare the ideas to the ones I've been given to see stuff I didn't think of. I've also been using sources from the textbook and the revision guide and that's helped.

Original post by comafax16
I've found "The Cold War" YT channel really useful in motivating me to revise because its much more interesting than reading the textbook, though it does go quite in-depth, it makes me more likely to remember at least a good level of detail and can be useful for stats etc.

Some of these include stuff not on advanced info?
Reply 7
Hey what do you think the essay will be on for 1945-1949? .im thinking it could be on Germany
Reply 8
Original post by 15hh
Hey what do you think the essay will be on for 1945-1949? .im thinking it could be on Germany

Maybe like the Berlin blockade was the main reason the Cold War started by 1949 because then it covers the whole of the first unit? Or might be the sources you never know
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 9
Yeah I feel like the Berlin blockade is a good one .maybe one on soivet expansionist being responsible for the development of the cold war.
Any ideas detents essay?
Original post by 15hh
Yeah I feel like the Berlin blockade is a good one .maybe one on soivet expansionist being responsible for the development of the cold war.
Any ideas

Something like how far was detente achieved or reasons for detente failure?
Reply 11
What do we think an essay question could be on in 1963-1972 as there was a Nixon question about his policies towards Vietnam last year ?
How far did Nixon achieve ‘peace with honour’? Don’t know what else could be asked tbh
Original post by 15hh
What do we think an essay question could be on in 1963-1972 as there was a Nixon question about his policies towards Vietnam last year ?
Original post by comafax16

Oh my gosh thank you so muchhh!! I hope both sides of your pillow are cold at night 🫶🏾
Anyone have a stat for how expensive the arms race was in the 1960s/1970s?
Wasn’t the arms race removed off the spec
Original post by Jla244
Anyone have a stat for how expensive the arms race was in the 1960s/1970s?
Wasn’t the arms race removed off the spec

Yeah but the cost of the arms race is a key impetus for detente being pursued and links to other topics like the cooperation one with MIRV and ABM development
Original post by LiamMcCartney
(Original post by comafax16)I've found "The Cold War" YT channel really useful in motivating me to revise because its much more interesting than reading the textbook, though it does go quite in-depth, it makes me more likely to remember at least a good level of detail and can be useful for stats etc.

Some of these include stuff not on advanced info?

Yeah, sorry about that. My teacher sent it on so we could just remove the bits we didn't need.
Oh my gosh thank you so muchhh!! I hope both sides of your pillow are cold at night 🫶🏾

No problem!:smile:
Good luck for tomorrow everyone! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending