The Student Room Group

AQA A Level History Paper 2 (options A to T) 7042/2Q - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

AQA A Level History Paper 2 (options A to T) 7042/2Q - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Tuesday 10th June AM
Length: 2h30

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Scroll to see replies

Anyone have any predictions for what could come up?
I feel like they won't ask much on protest movements because that seems to have come up a lot
Original post by i need As
Anyone have any predictions for what could come up?
Original post by BellaLily224
I feel like they won't ask much on protest movements because that seems to have come up a lot

Yeah hopefully, I reckon the sources could be on Kennedy and maybe a Johnson Vietnam essay? But it depends if the paper is meant to have everything that is on the advanced info or not. Hopefully the questions are fairly broad
I did Tudors for my paper 1 and everything my teacher predicted came up, I think the exams are being very predictable this year by not repeating topics they've used in the last couple years. I feel like there will defo be an essay on Johnson FP and maybe a source on Watergate linked with ford and Carter?
Yeah hopefully, I reckon the sources could be on Kennedy and maybe a Johnson Vietnam essay? But it depends if the paper is meant to have everything that is on the advanced info or not. Hopefully the questions are fairly broad
I did Tudors for my paper 1 and everything my teacher predicted came up, I think the exams are being very predictable this year by not repeating topics they've used in the last couple years. I feel like there will defo be an essay on Johnson FP and maybe a source on Watergate linked with ford and Carter?

yeah i done tudors aswell and yeah you can kinda predict the essays with what's on the advanced info. I think an essay will be on how Watergate affected ford and carters presidency because Watergate was the source question for 2021 and they kept it in for this year. Did your teacher give predictions for America?
no unfortunately they didnt :frown: and yeh I definitely agree about the Watergate with ford and Carter, I think that would be quite nice. do you think radicalisation or protest movements will come up for Kennedy and Johnson ? they've seemed to ask it a lot in the past and its my weakest area so praying they don't. Also feel like the Kennedy essay will be on his New Frontier or his commitment to Civil rights
yeah i done tudors aswell and yeah you can kinda predict the essays with what's on the advanced info. I think an essay will be on how Watergate affected ford and carters presidency because Watergate was the source question for 2021 and they kept it in for this year. Did your teacher give predictions for America?
no unfortunately they didnt :frown: and yeh I definitely agree about the Watergate with ford and Carter, I think that would be quite nice. do you think radicalisation or protest movements will come up for Kennedy and Johnson ? they've seemed to ask it a lot in the past and its my weakest area so praying they don't. Also feel like the Kennedy essay will be on his New Frontier or his commitment to Civil rights

Johnsons radicalisation came up in 2021 as an essay so very unlikely it will come up this year. i reckon it will be a kennedy broad source question. the three essays maybe truman civil rights, johnson vietnam (maybe even his great society) and nixons watergate impact on ford and carter. Its harder to predict than tudors haha - how would you paragraph an essay if a question was about like how political corruption was lost in the 1970s? (obvs one para wld be watergate)
(edited 1 year ago)
that would be such an amazing paper, hopefully the source question is on like Kennedys New Frontier or commitment to Civil Rights. I think I might have an essay plan on it somewhere I could send it to you? I definitely feel like its going to be Johnson Vietnam.
Honestly I don't think the paper will be too hard because the Tudor paper was lovely and every A-Level I've had so far has been very predictable
Johnsons radicalisation came up in 2021 as an essay so very unlikely it will come up this year. i reckon it will be a kennedy broad source question. the three essays maybe truman civil rights, johnson vietnam (maybe even his great society) and nixons watergate impact on ford and carter. Its harder to predict than tudors haha - how would you paragraph an essay if a question was about like how political corruption was lost in the 1970s? (obvs one para wld be watergate)
Reply 9
Is anyone here doing option 2D? I'm trying to find last minuet help, since after option (Religious Conflict and the Church of England 1529 to 1570) 1k (making of a superpower), and them reusing an as question I feel like it could go any which way to be honest, any advice and predictions from people will be greatly appreciated
(edited 1 year ago)
Is anyone doing Making of Modern Britain? Gonna cry if Thatcher comes up, even though I know she will
Original post by ru.exe
Is anyone here doing option 2D? I'm trying to find last minuet help, since after option 1k I feel like it could go any which way to be honest, any advice and predictions from people will be greatly appreciated

Is there a specific sub-post for that somewhere? I know I found one on Making of A Superpower for Paper One but it feels like everybody does Tudors and Cold War lmao
Original post by ru.exe
Is anyone here doing option 2D? I'm trying to find last minuet help, since after option (Religious Conflict and the Church of England 1529 to 1570) 1k (making of a superpower), and them reusing an as question I feel like it could go any which way to be honest, any advice and predictions from people will be greatly appreciated

I think there's a separate discussion page purely for your history topic
I think there's a separate discussion page purely for your history topic

Oh really? Thank you!!
they have one for every history topic on here I think!
Original post by Elisabeth Hughes
Is there a specific sub-post for that somewhere? I know I found one on Making of A Superpower for Paper One but it feels like everybody does Tudors and Cold War lmao
whats everyone's final thoughts for tomorrow?
Reply 16
I don't have predictions and would appreciate knowing other peoples - but here is what my teacher has posted at around 8pm today:
"If you are wondering what else to do, prep the essays below.
1- LBJ - Focus on Society - Were urban riots/ protest movements the reason for Democrats losing/Repubs winning in 1968?
2- JFK - Were his New Frontier challenges set out in 1960 met by 1963?
3 -Trumans presidency was a success despite economic & domestic divisions1945 - 52.
4- Political mistakes by successive presidents had led to a loss of American confidence by 1980. Discuss."
(edited 1 year ago)
What did we think?
So for question 2 i understood Kennedys appointments as his actions and defined it as this in intro would this be alright? Ahhh im stressed now!
Original post by xx_princesca_xx
So for question 2 i understood Kennedys appointments as his actions and defined it as this in intro would this be alright? Ahhh im stressed now!

I didn’t even attempt that question cause I thought it was awful, I thought it meant like appointments like to the Supreme Court, governmental posts like attorney general, VP, etc
But if you’ve defined it as what you think then you might be ok

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending