The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Physics Paper 3 7408/3 - 16 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Original post by PhysicsG
Yes I did.
I did engineering before section A so got a shock because I found engineering section really good but section A will lower my grade 😭

Did you get 0.15 for the average angular velocity?
Original post by Wonkagenius
Did it not say “draw line of best fit” in the question? Why are people waffling about it being a curve?

A line of best fit isn’t always a straight line, it’s whatever line fits the data best
Original post by nims.
Hmn I kind of disagree in the cycle isn't pressure inversely proportional to the volume as pressure decreases volume increases. Although a line of best fit can be a curve. I actually got a line of best fit with points above and under. It felt like the question before where you had to show they are directly proportional because if they are not inversely proportional I think relationship should be direct

YES FINALLY.
The points fit a very straight line idk what sort of curve people are talking about
Original post by nims.
Hmn I kind of disagree in the cycle isn't pressure inversely proportional to the volume as pressure decreases volume increases. Although a line of best fit can be a curve. I actually got a line of best fit with points above and under. It felt like the question before where you had to show they are directly proportional was a leading question to the next because if they are not inversely proportional I think relationship should be direct

I agree
That was definitely tougher than the first 2. I did turning points which was easy but section A was a lot harder this year I think. What exactly were you supposed to for question 4 to when they asked you to find y.
Did it not say “draw line of best fit” in the question? Why are people waffling about it being a curve?

If you held the paper at eye level you could see the relationship wasnt linear. There was a slight curve
Original post by Nineteen002
That was definitely tougher than the first 2. I did turning points which was easy but section A was a lot harder this year I think. What exactly were you supposed to for question 4 to when they asked you to find y.

pray
did anyone here do medical? If so what did they get for the x ray 5 marker?
Original post by d4r
Did you get 0.15 for the average angular velocity?

I got sm like 0.12 I think
Original post by james1242_
If you held the paper at eye level you could see the relationship wasnt linear. There was a slight curve

I used my ruler to see if it followed a straight line and it definitely did not. There was a very obvious curve
Astrophysics people? Reply to this RIGHT NOW with all the answers you got
Reply 571

That’s anomalous data
I used my ruler to see if it followed a straight line and it definitely did not. There was a very obvious curve

exactly
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 573
YES FINALLY.
The points fit a very straight line idk what sort of curve people are talking about

As much as I want that line of best fit to be straight... I do remember the points having a curved shape when I was trying to do a straight line of best fit.
I don't think drawing a straight line of best fit and then reading off that line is worthy of 4 marks, 3 at most. It makes sense that drawing a curved line of best fit then extrapolating would be worth 4, I remember they asked a question exactly like it before.
Reply 574
Original post by bagels2001
I got sm like 0.12 I think

Did u find the resultant angular displacement and then divide by 12
Tbh I thought it was very ambiguous because I thought it wanted you to draw a str8 line because you proved it was not inversely proportional, but did clearly have some curvature to it, ended up doing a str8 line in the end, whether it was right or wrong I wont know

When you draw the line of best fit there is always data points being spread and not following a straght lime
Except all the points formed a curve... so they're not anomolous they show a relationship

Original post by SDx3
That’s anomalous data
(edited 1 year ago)
exaclty, also it was L^2 against R, so you would expect a linear relationship

Oh you guys were talking about that one? I was talking about the curve in question 4 yeah the resistivity line was definitely straight. My dumbass messed up though cos my mind was somewhere else and I thought rho was density so I put kgm-3 for thr units lol
exaclty, also it was L^2 against R, so you would expect a linear relationship

Mate that’s a different question what r you on about

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending