The Student Room Group

AEA Maths 2022 Discussion

How did everyone find it? What do you reckon the grade boundries would be? I feel hopeless to get a distiniction. probably will get around 50-55.

Scroll to see replies

It was tough. I didn’t manage to get all of the questions and I am aware of points where I have definitely lost marks, but the AEA isn’t meant to be easy, so I expected this.

It’s really hard to predict where the grade boundaries will lie, seeing as Edexcel doesn’t seem to care too much about the AEA (so we can’t be sure they’ll take the same considerations for grading it as they would with their other qualifications).

I for one am not terribly sure how many marks I got and I’m content to just wait and see.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
What're you aiming for? And yr12 or yr13?

Original post by TypicalNerd
It was tough. I didn’t manage to get all of the questions and I am aware of points where I have definitely lost marks, but the AEA isn’t meant to be easy, so I expected this.

It’s really hard to predict where the grade boundaries will lie, seeing as Edexcel doesn’t seem to care too much about the AEA (so we can’t be sure they’ll take the same considerations for grading it as they would with their other qualifications).

I for one am not terribly sure how many marks I got and I’m content to just wait and see.
I found question 3 and 4 to be the hardest.
Original post by s.emreik
What're you aiming for? And yr12 or yr13?

Year 13.

Either a merit or a distinction. I’d prefer a distinction, but as it’s rather unlikely I’ll get one, I’ll be happy with a merit.
(edited 1 year ago)
I got y=3/4x+5
And y=7/24x-26/something
For 7c
Anything similar guys?
What was the answer for 6c
Original post by superharrydude09
I got y=3/4x+5
And y=7/24x-26/something
For 7c
Anything similar guys?

I checked on desmos. The first one looks correct, but idk about the second.

I know I got the y-intercepts wrong, but the gradients I got right.
Original post by username1905
What was the answer for 6c

I got 8 for the length as n-> infinity

Nice I got that too
Reply 10
Original post by username1905
Nice I got that too

I remember it to be 20. was it something else?

I remember it to be 20. was it something else?

It was the question with the length of line made of trapeziums and more specifically the one with n going to infinity
Reply 12
Great!
Do you guys think the old syllabus is much easier than the new one?
Original post by ryanfok8
Do you guys think the old syllabus is much easier than the new one?

I’d say it’s easier, but not crazily so, but that’s only due to the lack of applied maths and (new-style) vector questions.
Reply 15
how would a merit in yr12 be looked upon by oxbridge engineering?
When do the boundaries get released?
When do the boundaries get released?

I think when we get our results on the 18th August. But I am not 100% sure
how would a merit in yr12 be looked upon by oxbridge engineering?

They’d see it really positively I reckon.

Ofc a distinction is better for a competitive advantage, but I reckon a merit earned in year 12 is still a sign of academic promise, which is what Oxbridge looks for.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 19
what offers do you have?
Original post by TypicalNerd
They’d see it really positively I reckon.

Ofc a distinction is better for a competitive advantage, but I reckon a merit earned in year 12 is still a sign of academic promise, which is what Oxbridge looks for.

Quick Reply

Latest