The Student Room Group

Predicted grades (IB)

Hi everyone

I'm planning on applying for cambridge Natsci (physical), and was just wondering wether my predicted grades would be ok - I got 777 for my higher level subjects and 776 for my standard level. Overall, I was given a 43 ( 2 on core) - do these grades make it seem doable? I have often heard how cambridge place more emphasis on the interviews and entrance exams - is this true?

Thank you for your help!
Moved to Cambridge forum.
Reply 2
Original post by Aflik
Hi everyone

I'm planning on applying for cambridge Natsci (physical), and was just wondering wether my predicted grades would be ok - I got 777 for my higher level subjects and 776 for my standard level. Overall, I was given a 43 ( 2 on core) - do these grades make it seem doable? I have often heard how cambridge place more emphasis on the interviews and entrance exams - is this true?

Thank you for your help!

43 is fine since its above the standard offer.

You are correct in that predicted grades are borderline meaningless since a lot of schools/teachers will game the system to help applicants.

Your time is best spent preparing for admissions exams and interviews as well as doing any extra or deeper study into the subject.
(for natsci there is an almost endless amount you can do here: from past PAT/ MAT papers to ukmt/olympiad (maths/chem/physics) to AEA/STEP i to NSAA to various online maths/logic puzzles etc etc)
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending