The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by al_94
Arsenal are only winning cos of Ozil. That guy is carrying us

we're winning because of the investments and additions we've made to our team over the years.
Original post by Birdman1234567
we're winning because of the investments and additions we've made to our team over the years.

We haven't won the league in 11 years because of lack of investments and additions to the team what's your point?
Original post by al_94
We haven't won the league in 11 years because of lack of investments and additions to the team what's your point?

My point is you're making it out as if we're lucky to be winning, we're winning because of Ozil, but that's still a testament to our quality and team, since we bought him, getting our moneys worth finally.

It's like when idiots say "the opposition only won because of their GK having an outstanding performance", it's a retarded thing to say since the GK (or Ozil for the sake of Arsenal) is still a part of the squad.

We're winning because we deserve to be.
Original post by Birdman1234567
My point is you're making it out as if we're lucky to be winning, we're winning because of Ozil, but that's still a testament to our quality and team, since we bought him, getting our moneys worth finally.

It's like when idiots say "the opposition only won because of their GK having an outstanding performance", it's a retarded thing to say since the GK (or Ozil for the sake of Arsenal) is still a part of the squad.

We're winning because we deserve to be.

I agree with you I want more from the rest of the team also.
One of the best breaks of the season :coma:
In 2008, 2011 and 2014 we let several first teamers go after they were well placed to challenge for much of the season but fell apart massively.
literally wasting Iwobi's time :facepalm2:
not impressed by Iwobi tbh
Mesut Ozil's performance today was sexual. If our strikers could finish he would have broken the assist record today. Calum Chambers was good aswell, distribution was excellent from midfield. Good day all round, much needed after the events at Southampton.
No way when all is said and done Gabriel won't have a statue. The guy hassle with rocks all day.
We're gonna win the league
Original post by Use Err Name
We're gonna win the league

No we're not. Not if Elneny becomes the flop every detractor wants to see
It's these types of performances which make Ozil such a joy to watch - even if I don't support you. He was unfairly targeted for criticism in the aftermath of the Southampton drubbing. He can't be expected to carry you every single match.
Gabriel is better than a peak Tony Adams
So were winning the league today then lads?
Reply 2135
It's sometimes a pain to read this thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SA-1
It's sometimes a pain to read this thread

Posted from TSR Mobile

See how well we play when Walcott isn't a defensive midfielder:wink:

#SecretReferenceCrew
Reply 2137
Pretty sure Swirly has a hard on for Sa1

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2138
Also another "ox ran around in circles a lot but didn't actually score" game

Posted from TSR Mobile
A great one-two for Ozil's goal, really. Very Arsenal, and a real pleasure to see.

Chambers was outstanding for you today, by all accounts. Good to see. Talk of him being in an England squad has gone quiet, but I hope it resurfaces because he's such a wonderful young talent.

Latest