The Student Room Group

elsie wellbeing update at the end of 2023 :)

hey everyone!

haven't been on here in nearly a year; i've not done a wellbeing blog this year but i thought i'd do an update whilst i'm here!

my last update it looks like was towards the end of 2022 (which you can find Here if you're at all interested in reading through my old thread!) and i guess quite a bit has happened since then so here goes:
- finished second year
- got a job (which i've been doing since january 2023!! so i'm nearly at a year)
- been to a LOT of concerts
- been to a few football games and have a few coming up
- been to a big rugby final at twickenham!!
- quit going to the gym
- moved into a different house with different people for third year
- have tried to pick up running (i've done my second episode of couch to 5k. third one at the weekend hopefully as long as i don't get too tipsy during our work party on friday)
- picked up crochet (really good for my adhd, bad for my bank account)

i'm now in my third and final year of my undergrad and am thinking about what to do next.

i was really miserable the first few weeks of third year because i'm not living with anyone i'm particularly close with and all of my friends live 40 minutes away the other side of my uni's other campus but we're now making an attempt to see each other which has helped a lot!

i've been going to football games (women's, because arsenal men are really hard to get tickets for (annoyingly)) and i've met some really good friends through that, and i'm gonna see them three times over the next week which i'm really excited about. i'm also doing my first away match ever!!! i've been pushing myself out of my comfort zone this year:
- went to the rugby premiership final at twickenham in july!
- going to arsenal games at the emirates by myself!
- going to the (ew) spurs stadium to see a match by myself!
- going to meadow park by myself and meeting my online friends when i'm there (best feeling ever)
- going to wembley stadium by myself (for both a harry styles concert AND the england lionesses vs netherlands game last week)

i mayyy come back in 2024 and do a weekly update just to hold myself accountable for what i decide to do next & to keep on top of my assignments but if not, best of luck to everyone for next year & well done on this year!!
Original post by elsiehxo
hey everyone!

haven't been on here in nearly a year; i've not done a wellbeing blog this year but i thought i'd do an update whilst i'm here!

my last update it looks like was towards the end of 2022 (which you can find Here if you're at all interested in reading through my old thread!) and i guess quite a bit has happened since then so here goes:
- finished second year
- got a job (which i've been doing since january 2023!! so i'm nearly at a year)
- been to a LOT of concerts
- been to a few football games and have a few coming up
- been to a big rugby final at twickenham!!
- quit going to the gym
- moved into a different house with different people for third year
- have tried to pick up running (i've done my second episode of couch to 5k. third one at the weekend hopefully as long as i don't get too tipsy during our work party on friday)
- picked up crochet (really good for my adhd, bad for my bank account)

i'm now in my third and final year of my undergrad and am thinking about what to do next.

i was really miserable the first few weeks of third year because i'm not living with anyone i'm particularly close with and all of my friends live 40 minutes away the other side of my uni's other campus but we're now making an attempt to see each other which has helped a lot!

i've been going to football games (women's, because arsenal men are really hard to get tickets for (annoyingly)) and i've met some really good friends through that, and i'm gonna see them three times over the next week which i'm really excited about. i'm also doing my first away match ever!!! i've been pushing myself out of my comfort zone this year:
- went to the rugby premiership final at twickenham in july!
- going to arsenal games at the emirates by myself!
- going to the (ew) spurs stadium to see a match by myself!
- going to meadow park by myself and meeting my online friends when i'm there (best feeling ever)
- going to wembley stadium by myself (for both a harry styles concert AND the england lionesses vs netherlands game last week)

i mayyy come back in 2024 and do a weekly update just to hold myself accountable for what i decide to do next & to keep on top of my assignments but if not, best of luck to everyone for next year & well done on this year!!

Hi!! Great update, so many positive things going on. Sounds great :yep: :woo:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending