Yup, had one since last December! :smile: masters in engineering

ah that explains it :smile:
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 221
Original post by jessedoell
ah that explains it :smile:

You haven't received yours yet? Where did you apply for, I heard that almost all rooms have been already allocated.
Original post by TheTopStudent
As in that's what you've applied for or they've told you?

they told me :smile:
Original post by 811
You haven't received yours yet? Where did you apply for, I heard that almost all rooms have been already allocated.

Where did you hear this? On the confirmation email it says that allocations will be given in August/early September?
Reply 224
Thats what my confirmation email had said, yet I got it much earlier. Don't worry, your room has been probably allocated if you applied before the deadline And already have a confirmed unconditional offer. They just take some time to send them out as they do that manually. Goodluck
Reply 225
Hi, I have been confirmed a place at Bath university in September. I'm on the IMML(german) course, and am going to live in Marlsbourough and Solsbury courts. Just wondering if anyone else has applied or been accepted on the course or at that accommodation? I would love to hear from you.
Original post by 811
Hi, the bus pass is £175 per year? I looked up FirstBath bus service and they offer an unlimited monthly pass for £46. This is for Bath inner zone, as I am not sure if we would need the outer zone which is £56 a month. Any idea about bus routes and times?

I'm afraid to say that I'm a Bath student and I had no idea that Bath had inner and outer zones for buses :lol: :getmecoat: but in my head I can kind of picture which routes are outer ones that kind of go up Bristol Road and stuff.

There are two main bus services in Bath, one is First as you have seen and the other one is Wessex. Wessex sell discounted passes at the start of the year (mine was £200 I think) which gets you unlimited travel on any bus that you'll realistically need, although it won't get you on First buses (naturally :lol:) if you live in John Wood I don't think it matters hugely which company you go with. If you're going to live on Campus instead (or you get upgraded to campus after results day, which is what happened to me from John Wood) then you really don't need a pass unless you know you're going to be in and out very frequently.

It doesn't sound like £46 per month is a better deal than £175 per year though :tongue:
Original post by Zeennaeem
What have you applied for?
BSc Psychology (with placement)

Where are you from?
I'm from the Maldives

Are you studying at the moment?
I had finished my A'levels last year and took a gap year

What accommodation(s) are you interested in?
Not exactly sure what's a best fit for me. I'm a bit introverted but I also want to make the best out of my university years

I was wondering how is the diversity in the university? I have read that Bath city is one of the lesser diverse cities in the UK

(You posted this a while ago but just saw it)

I'm and international student applying for the same course!

Psychology bsc with placement

Where are you from?
Dubai, UAE

What are you studying at the moment?
A-Levels in psychology, literature in English, biology

What accommodation(s) are you interested:
Marlborough or Solsbury, or the quads
Original post by Bath~Student
No. Norwood and Westwood are also fine.

But fancy needing an En-Suite and a flatscreen TV at university... It's the epitome of antisocial behaviour.

Hi,I know you wrote this a while ago but I just saw it.
Just wanted to add one thing to the convo. I'm a Muslim woman who can't really comfortably go to a shared bathroom every time I need to pee, it's not just stuck-up, holier-than-thou people who get en-suite rooms, it's not really fair to assume that, it'll cause unnecessary class boundaries. Just wanted to add that :smile:, sorry if I come off harsh or anything, this was all well intentioned :smile:
Original post by sara_od
(You posted this a while ago but just saw it)

I'm and international student applying for the same course!

Psychology bsc with placement

Where are you from?
Dubai, UAE

What are you studying at the moment?
A-Levels in psychology, literature in English, biology

What accommodation(s) are you interested:
Marlborough or Solsbury, or the quads

Wow, really well done as I heard that getting onto the placement course for psychology is really competitive :tongue:
Original post by SeanFM
Wow, really well done as I heard that getting onto the placement course for psychology is really competitive :tongue:

Hey, thanks a lot! What are you going to study?
Original post by sara_od
Hey, thanks a lot! What are you going to study?

I am a Maths with placement student and I have just started my placement year :h:
Has anyone (conditional offer or international student) been allocated a room at marl/sols or the quads?
Are we meant to have received emails from Bath? I'm starting to think they accepted me by accident
I'm into Bath for Computer Science with Placement year, anyone else here on the same course? Ended up getting A*A*AA in Physics, Maths, Further Maths and Computing respectively.
Reply 235
Original post by FramedCuriosity
Are we meant to have received emails from Bath? I'm starting to think they accepted me by accident

Hahaha absolutely true 🍻 I thought that as well since last December! Still in doubt
Reply 236
Original post by sara_od
Has anyone (conditional offer or international student) been allocated a room at marl/sols or the quads?

Postgrad international student, got allocated Woodland court (rejected it though)
Reply 237
Original post by SeanFM
I'm afraid to say that I'm a Bath student and I had no idea that Bath had inner and outer zones for buses :lol: :getmecoat: but in my head I can kind of picture which routes are outer ones that kind of go up Bristol Road and stuff.

There are two main bus services in Bath, one is First as you have seen and the other one is Wessex. Wessex sell discounted passes at the start of the year (mine was £200 I think) which gets you unlimited travel on any bus that you'll realistically need, although it won't get you on First buses (naturally :lol:) if you live in John Wood I don't think it matters hugely which company you go with. If you're going to live on Campus instead (or you get upgraded to campus after results day, which is what happened to me from John Wood) then you really don't need a pass unless you know you're going to be in and out very frequently.

It doesn't sound like £46 per month is a better deal than £175 per year though :tongue:

No idea, rlly? Well you should probably spend more time on the internet 😂😋🍻. I am not in the UK and I've been desperately trying to find out about public transportation in Bath to figure out if it is more efficient than getting a car. You paid £200 per year!? Man that sounds cheap! What's the difference between Wessex and First busses? Is one more crowded, older, slower... than the other? I'll be living in the city close to thermae spa so what's your insight? Thanks a bunch
Hiiiii,
Got my results and yaay I got the grades A*A*AA in Maths, Design Tech, Physics and Music. Going to be studying Engineering with intergrated design and placement. I put Norwood as my top for accommodation (despite the above SU noise thing). Can't wait to get started!!!!!
Original post by Alby1234
I'm into Bath for Computer Science with Placement year, anyone else here on the same course? Ended up getting A*A*AA in Physics, Maths, Further Maths and Computing respectively.

I am also on the same course! Wow amazing grades I got AAAB in maths further maths, chemistry and physics the physics is one ums off a B

Quick Reply

Latest