Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undine_monty)
    Do you mean the limitations? Because there are 'rules' or features of failure to function adequately or devation from ideal mental health. Not for deviation from social norms
    Implicit rules are rules which are not laws so they're governed by society ... Examples of this is when you're on a bus and there are a lot of seats available, you wouldn't necessarily sit next to someone else if there are other seats.

Explicit rules are more strict. They're actual rules of the law such as robbery and murder.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whilerisleeps)
    it won't come up as a 12 marker but they might stick it in as an 8 marker or shorter questions asking about specific bits eg. limitations/strenths
    Why won't it come up as a 12 marker?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zahra96)
    My head just cant grasp this nonsence approach. Hope it doesn't come up

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The psychodynamic approach was the first theory that focused on psychological causes of disorders. Before that the focus was on possession or evil spirits. Now that's nonsense :danceboy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleming1928)
    The psychodynamic approach was the first theory that focused on psychological causes of disorders. Before that the focus was on possession or evil spirits. Now that's nonsense :danceboy:
    I understand it because it's so disgusting.. Haha

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please outline the behavioural approach in full, I don't get it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whilerisleeps)
    it was a 12 marker last year
    No it wasn't. Personality types was the 12 marker last year.

ReputationRep:
    Is it okay to use the Zimbardo study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oiseaux)
    No it wasn't. Personality types was the 12 marker last year.
    oh sorry, apologies it might be then. Got confused with the mark scheme it was a 6 marker.

ReputationRep:
    I think since Unit 1's 12 marker was on Bowlby and they must know people would have found it quite easy, they would try and make the Unit 2 12 marker something out of the blue. My best bet is the biological approach as it hasn't come up as a 12 marker in a long time What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    This exam will be tough considering most people founf PSYA1 easy. Good luck to everyone

ReputationRep:
    Do you think that if we forget studies, we can make ones up? Would the examiner take the time to research and see if the study we talk about is real?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tuttu97)
    I think since Unit 1's 12 marker was on Bowlby and they must know people would have found it quite easy, they would try and make the Unit 2 12 marker something out of the blue. My best bet is the biological approach as it hasn't come up as a 12 marker in a long time What do you think?
    The biological approach is easy peasy. I wouldn't want biological treatments to come up though. We barely learnt anything about ECT ...

ReputationRep:
    My teacher said that there are separate writers for unit 1 and 2 and they don't talk to eachother about it, so just because unit 1 was a beautiful exam doesn't mean unit 2 has to be solid, fingers crossed!!

ReputationRep:
    If there was a 12 marker on stress related illness and the immune system (which is meant to be likely), would you be able to talk about William Et Al and the experiment regarding heart disease and anger scales?

ReputationRep:
    .. can they asked about workplace stressors and only ask for control OR workload? I've learnt marmot for control but i don't have anything for workload..

ReputationRep:
    can someone please give me a list of all important drugs I need to know for unit2 thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunDun111)
    Can someone please outline the behavioural approach in full, I don't get it
    All behaviour is learnt. Through social learning, classical conditioning or operant conditioning.

Classical conditioning - Little Albert. A young boy who wasn't afraid of rats. Unconditioned stimulus (loud noise) produced every time the rat was shown to him. The child associated this fear response with the rat so whenever he saw the rat he was afraid.

Social learning - Learning through imitation. Young girls see thin models being praised and getting attention + money (reinforcements). They try to get the same reinforcements by being like theses models which leads to anorexia.

Operant conditioning - A person shows depressed behaviour, others show sympathy (positive reinforcement) and may let them off their duties so the behaviour is likely to be repeated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucy112233)
    Haha good luck with the exam tomorrow!!:clap2:
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m1503_)
    can someone please give me a list of all important drugs I need to know for unit2 thanks
    I think it's just Beta-blockers, Benzodiazephines, Anti-depressants and Anti-psychotics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HemmingsHood)
    I think it's just Beta-blockers, Benzodiazephines, Anti-depressants and Anti-psychotics.
    Do we need to know how anti-depressants/psychotics work? I really can't remember which one binds to receptors and whatever

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.