The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

sooo.... hoping one of these hasn't already been started. i was looking for one and didn't find one :s-smilie:

SO how's everyone finding psya2 ????

thought this thread would be quite useful for us, i saw the a2 guys had one so we need one too :cool:

Scroll to see replies

Hey! Good idea to start this thread :smile:. My class has finished the stress topic in Unit 2 and we have recently stated on social (social norm, conformity etc.) At the moment it's going okay. I still prefer unit 1 though :smile:. I feel down hearted because my mock results were horrible- seeing how I want to do Psychology in University (I got a very low C- one mark into the c grade to be exact). Yesterday was Year 12 Parents Evening and that wasn't the best :0 Practically my psychology teacher said that I should prove her wrong and surprise her with a high grade and that is what I intend on doing.

How is everyone revising Psychology? And finding Unit 2?
Original post by Aliyah_rose
Hey! Good idea to start this thread :smile:. My class has finished the stress topic in Unit 2 and we have recently stated on social (social norm, conformity etc.) At the moment it's going okay. I still prefer unit 1 though :smile:. I feel down hearted because my mock results were horrible- seeing how I want to do Psychology in University (I got a very low C- one mark into the c grade to be exact). Yesterday was Year 12 Parents Evening and that wasn't the best :0 Practically my psychology teacher said that I should prove her wrong and surprise her with a high grade and that is what I intend on doing.

How is everyone revising Psychology? And finding Unit 2?

ahhh !!! we have finished individual differences and were about half way through stress I think ??? maybe moreee

oh no :frown: don't feel bad about your mock results, you have so so so much time to even improve on that !!! a C is still really good grade, just keep working hard and it'll keep improving :-)

it's probably good that was said on parents evening cus it'll motivate you to prove stuff to her and nothing feels better than that haha

what other a levels did you take ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello :smile: I'm doing Psychology (self teaching) and really enjoying it so far, which I sort of expected since I've been reading books on Psychology for a few years and know it's what I want to do at uni.

Anyway, I only started Psych about ten days ago after spending September - December just doing Sociology. I'm now a bit worried I'm going to struggle to finish everything in time, especially as you're here talking about doing Stress and Individual Differences.... I'm just moving on to Developmental Psychology now :s-smilie:

Aliyah_rose, I would try not to be so downhearted. It seems you wanted to do much better than a C (not that a C is that bad, by the way) but you still have time to improve between now and May. Do you know which areas in particular you need to get better in? I'm sure you'll be fine by the time it comes to the real exams.
Original post by faggstagram
ahhh !!! we have finished individual differences and were about half way through stress I think ??? maybe moreee

oh no :frown: don't feel bad about your mock results, you have so so so much time to even improve on that !!! a C is still really good grade, just keep working hard and it'll keep improving :-)

it's probably good that was said on parents evening cus it'll motivate you to prove stuff to her and nothing feels better than that haha

what other a levels did you take ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for your tips! I am taking English Lit and Philosophy and Ethics (Religious Studies) as well as Psychology!
Original post by mogwai98
Hello :smile: I'm doing Psychology (self teaching) and really enjoying it so far, which I sort of expected since I've been reading books on Psychology for a few years and know it's what I want to do at uni.

Anyway, I only started Psych about ten days ago after spending September - December just doing Sociology. I'm now a bit worried I'm going to struggle to finish everything in time, especially as you're here talking about doing Stress and Individual Differences.... I'm just moving on to Developmental Psychology now :s-smilie:

Aliyah_rose, I would try not to be so downhearted. It seems you wanted to do much better than a C (not that a C is that bad, by the way) but you still have time to improve between now and May. Do you know which areas in particular you need to get better in? I'm sure you'll be fine by the time it comes to the real exams.

Oh wow, you've just switched! I'm sure you'll get the hang of it in no time! :smile: The areas i struggled in with Developmental is Day Care! I hate that topic especially and it showed that it was the weaker topic in my mock result :s-smilie: Thanks for the advice and a little tip to help you, always try and make notes as you go along as it will make revision much easier! Good luck!:colondollar:
Oh wow, you've just switched! I'm sure you'll get the hang of it in no time! :smile: The areas i struggled in with Developmental is Day Care! I hate that topic especially and it showed that it was the weaker topic in my mock result :s-smilie: Thanks for the advice and a little tip to help you, always try and make notes as you go along as it will make revision much easier! Good luck!:colondollar:

Yeah, I'm hoping so!
Thanks for the tip. I have noticed there seems to be a lot you need to know so I've been trying to think of different ways to try and learn it all... just making notes (in my own words) has worked for other subjects so I will probably just do that.
Good luck to you too :smile:
Hello, I did these exams last year but just thought I'd pop into the thread. I ended up with good marks (100ums and 98) so maybe I can give some useful advice (if not ignore me aha).

My advice would be plan for all the 12 markers there could be and practice writing them. A lot of that content may come up in the smaller questions too so it's very worthwhile. Condensing these 12 markers into notes is also good.

Also try to make sure your evaluation is top notch. Make a point e.g 'insert name refutes this claim.... Insert Their findings... Why this proves it wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you very much Jennifer! Well done! You did amazing :biggrin:. I will take on your advice as they sound very helpful :smile:
Thank you very much Jennifer! Well done! You did amazing :biggrin:. I will take on your advice as they sound very helpful :smile:

Thank you :smile: just keep revising and memorising points in 12 markers and you'll get there. My teacher always says Psych is often a subject where you get out what you put in so lots of revision will pay off :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jenniferelka
Hello, I did these exams last year but just thought I'd pop into the thread. I ended up with good marks (100ums and 98) so maybe I can give some useful advice (if not ignore me aha).

My advice would be plan for all the 12 markers there could be and practice writing them. A lot of that content may come up in the smaller questions too so it's very worthwhile. Condensing these 12 markers into notes is also good.

Also try to make sure your evaluation is top notch. Make a point e.g 'insert name refutes this claim.... Insert Their findings... Why this proves it wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow, theyr'e amazing marks !!!! i was going to go along that technique i think, i saw it was what the guy from loopa recommended and he got similar results - there seems to be a pattern here !!!!
do you have any other tips ??
Am so scared i really don't know where to start for revision any advice would be really helpful :smile:
Reply 12
Hey guys,

I'm doing Psychology, Biology, Geography and History (starting this thread was a brilliant idea btw so thank you)

I have my PSYA1 mock on Thursday and am so confused does anybody know of any good revision resources?
Original post by faggstagram
wow, theyr'e amazing marks !!!! i was going to go along that technique i think, i saw it was what the guy from loopa recommended and he got similar results - there seems to be a pattern here !!!!
do you have any other tips ??

She is a former Loopa student who used the Loopa guides to help her get those marks if you check her past posts.

The technique she mentions is what I would advocate for AS revision (I'm saj BTW from Loopa). Its quite effective if you have little time to revise as it helps condense everything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mephestic
She is a former Loopa student who used the Loopa guides to help her get those marks if you check her past posts.

The technique she mentions is what I would advocate for AS revision (I'm saj BTW from Loopa). Its quite effective if you have little time to revise as it helps condense everything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't actually know about loopa for my AS exams haha, I thought it was all A2 resources at the time. Just got the media one for a2 and it's very good :smile:

And yes that's the revision method that works best for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jenniferelka
I didn't actually know about loopa for my AS exams haha, I thought it was all A2 resources at the time. Just got the media one for a2 and it's very good :smile:

And yes that's the revision method that works best for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah sorry I misread who posted, I thought faggstagram posted that as shes used my guises to improve. Glad they are helping though. A2 is quite different I find to AS and is a complete memory game.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We're doing the same course for AQA, recently got my mock results for unit 1 and got a 'B' we've just started unit 2 I'm struggling a bit with social e.g Milgram other than that all good so far however I'm quite stressed about there being so much content and forgetting it all:frown:

Rani Coleman
I'm really enjoying psychology, so far I've learnt about memory, research methods, gender, phobias and OCD, and am currently doing the different approaches in lessons.
Saj, what is the best way to revise for Unit one and 2 for AS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dilpesh98
Saj, what is the best way to revise for Unit one and 2 for AS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would recommend checking out the latest video I made on Loopa as that explains my technique for AS revision, It should explain how I did it! Other students found it really effective! Its on my youtube channel.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest