Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    is hardiness training on the spec?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaivfromONM)
    If there was a 12 marker on stress related illness and the immune system (which is meant to be likely), would you be able to talk about William Et Al and the experiment regarding heart disease and anger scales?
    Yep.

(Original post by Whilerisleeps)
    .. can they asked about workplace stressors and only ask for control OR workload? I've learnt marmot for control but i don't have anything for workload..
    Yeah it's possible. Just learn Johansson's study, it's pretty straighforward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oiseaux)
    Yep.

Yeah it's possible. Just learn Johansson's study, it's pretty straighforward.
    sorrt i forgot, i have already learnt johansson.. but I've got it down for control again.. the control group of 10 who were high control over work= lower levels of noradrenaline and adrenaline in urine.. have i missed something?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    I bet you Kobassa's hardiness training and SIT is gonna come up...

ReputationRep:
    not that I'm aware of, i think that would be abit too much biology for it.. pretty sure its just that the immune response involves WBC's.
    thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    For a 12 marker on the immune system, I only know kiecolt glaser et al, would just outlining that be enuf for six marks? I guess i know segerstorm and millers study as well but thats very small.

ReputationRep:
    sorrt i forgot, i have already learnt johansson.. but I've got it down for control again.. the control group of 10 who were high control over work= lower levels of noradrenaline and adrenaline in urine.. have i missed something?:confused:
    btw that study also deals with overload of work bc their productivity affected the factory's wages

ReputationRep:
    Ohhhhhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleming1928)
    Do we need to know how anti-depressants/psychotics work? I really can't remember which one binds to receptors and whatever
    Yeah

Anti-psychotics- They reduce mental confusion with people suffering from schizophrenia by blocking dopamine receptors. People with schizophrenia tend to have higher dopamine levels.

Anti-depressants- Depression is caused by lower levels of serotonin. Anti-depressants increase the mood of depressed people by increasing neurotransmitters like serotonin.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what the A02 points would be for the question:

Discuss one or more explanations of why people resist the pressure to conform [8 marks]

For A01 I talk about high internal locus of control and the role of allies.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Pray social influence is not the 12 marker, I will be so happy if Stress and the Immune system or one of the abnormality approaches comes up (Please!)

In fact I'm going to place my bets on Biological Approach as the 12 marker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMaster1)

Discuss one or more explanations of why people resist the pressure to conform [8 marks]

Thanks
    I would talk about supporting evidence. For example with allies, in one of Asch's variations conformity dropped to 5% when another confederate went against the majority

ReputationRep:
    People are more likely to resist conformity when the costto one’s personal integrity is great. People may bemore willing to maintain independence if making a moral rather than physicaljudgment as the psychological cost associated with abandoning a personalpreference is greater than the interpersonal benefit of ‘fitting in’. Hornsey et. Al (2003). People were lesslikely to move toward majority on attitudes that had moral significance for theindividual, even when this involved public behavioursIndividualdifferences; Gender differencesin nonconformity. Men are more likely to show nonconformist behaviour whenseeking a partner, when being unique is a positive. Z��l�׋�)��
    (Original post by DMaster1)

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please outline and evaluate in detail Ellis' ABC cognitive model please!!!!

😫😫😫😫😫😫:confused::confused::confused::confused:

ReputationRep:
    If stress and the immune system comes up, would trying to expand a lot on Kiecolt Glaser alone for 6 marks be enough? I don't know any other studies

ReputationRep:
    anyone know a definition of stress? never been taught it at it seems pretty simple to know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo_Jo.)
    Can someone please outline and evaluate in detail Ellis' ABC cognitive model please!!!!

😫😫😫😫😫😫:confused::confused::confused::confused:
    You wouldn't be asked to outline specifically that in a question it's more part of the cognitive approach.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tuttu97)
    If stress and the immune system comes up, would trying to expand a lot on Kiecolt Glaser alone for 6 marks be enough? I don't know any other studies
    Same I hope that's enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tuttu97)
    You can use Cohen 1991 who used a questionnaire to obtain stress index scores from 394 ppts - they were given a nasal drop exposing them to a common cold virus, and it was found 82% became infected by it. This shows a direct correlation between chances of getting a cold and index scores?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xabsx)
    anyone know a definition of stress? never been taught it at it seems pretty simple to know!
    Stress is a biological and psychological response experiences on encountering a threat we feel we do not have the resources to deal with.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 10, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.