The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr234
how much did you guys write for the unseen poem?:smile: i wrote a side with small hand writing! do you think that would be enough?:colondollar:

I wrote two sides and a bit with my small writing xD

That should be good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Olympiad
I wrote about 18 on a line :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol. Thank god, I thought I wrote too much but atleast you wrote the same as me because you fit double what I do.
that unseen poem was so good! Weheyyy, English literature is over!
Original post by yazzieee
How many marks would you loose if you didn't compare much but you gave an A* analysis through out the whole thing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry if this worries you, but my teacher told me before that without comparisons throughout the most you could get was a C. My other teacher told us a D.
Hopefully you'll be fine though, maybe you'll get a lenient marker?
Reply 2624
Chose The Yellow Palm & Come On, Come Back. Loved it, and loved the last question too. Everyone else seems to have found the exam pretty good too though, so I'm a little worried about the grade boundaries! Still - if they can read it all - then I think that went really really well.

Oh, and just because I saw people talking about it earlier; my name is also Ryan! ;P
Original post by cleveradam
Lol. Thank god, I thought I wrote too much but atleast you wrote the same as me because you fit double what I do.

I wrote that essay and memorised it so I didn't really have to think much just wrote it all dowb

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2626
wow what sort of points did you include?
Reply 2627
Original post by RichardPG
I really wanted to answer that one, but in a brief moment of confusion when I first opened up the booklet I couldn't think of how Ozymandias related to 'conflict' (or whatever the question was) so I went for Casehistory instead. :tongue: I think it was because I was expecting the question for River God to be on powerful characters so it threw me off.

However, halfway through my exam the mounted tv in our exam hall randomly started pumping out Jazz music really loudly and it continued to do so for like 5 minutes. :mad: It was funny at first but soon became very annoying!!

The question was about power. And yeah it sounds funny, but I guess that once you realise you are halfway into a 75 minute exam where the timings are tight, it gets annoying! :/
I did character and voice cluster and compared 'Casehistory: Alison (Head Injury)' to 'The Hunchback in the Park'

i think it went okay....I was probably a bit rambly at times
Did anybody do Macbeth or pride and prejudice?..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2630
can someone send me the 18/18 or 17/18 unseen poem analysis? seem to have lost it and i would like to compare:smile: Thankyou!!:rolleyes:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2631
For unseen I talked about juxtaposition with grew smaller and smaller and how it contrasts what actually happens as children grow older which implies as children grow older as kids they do not interact with parents as often through her daughter so their identity becomes smaller. Lool so much BS
Did anybody do Macbeth or pride and prejudice?..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sweaty
For unseen I talked about juxtaposition with grew smaller and smaller and how it contrasts what actually happens as children grow older which implies as children grow older as kids they do not interact with parents as often through her daughter

Yes,i wrote that point aswell!!:biggrin: Would that be an A* point do u think??
Am I the only one that did Yellow Palm and Belfast Confetti??:confused:
Original post by Bradherring
Went pretty well :biggrin:

Anyone else do Flag and Hawk roosting for the conflict cluster?

Yes I did!!! :smile:
I loved this exam! When I saw Sonnet 116 on the paper I couldn't stop smiling: all my dreams had come true. I compared it with Hour, and thanks to Mr Bruff's video on Sonnet 116 I made a lot of references to phallic undertones and sexual references. I'd love to see the look on the examiner's face (I was desperate to find sexual references in Hour for comparison so I said 'cuckoo spit' was a reference to ejaculation, which is ridiculous but lol =_=).
The unseen poem question was really easy as well. So on a whole, it went a lot, lot better than the Unit 1 exam.
Original post by Bradherring
Went something like this:
How does the speaker feel about her daughter growing up and how do they convey this to the reader (not word for word but basically that)

Thank you so much!
Reply 2638
could someones please send me the full marks unseen analysis?:frown::confused:
For the unseen, I talked about the constant use of commas. They slowed down the reader which in turn could suggest she wants to slow down the growing up of her daughter. Is that a valid point?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending