The Student Room Group

OFFICIAL OCR A2 Biology - F214 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2840
yeah it asked what was the cause of type 1
and then 3 risk factors for type 2

didnt itt?!!!!
Reply 2841
The question said state three factors, but there were something like ten-twelve lines to give an answer in!

And am I the only one who put smoking as a factor?
Reply 2842
Tacita
This.
Primary pigments are reaction centres, and chlorophyll a is the primary pigment. So the 'a' is definitely essential. No 'a' = no mark :redface:

arghhh crapp there goes another mark. I hate this paper. :frown:
rowleyja

didnt itt?!!!!

yes it even put it in bold.
Tacita
Me too :p: I have a feeling it will be.

How low precisely?
ibysaiyan
yes no 'a' = no mrk.
As a tends to have certain properties such as absorbing longer wavelength than B.

obviously you cannot say for certain there may be 'accept chlorophyll' on the mark scheme
Reply 2846
Pur-Rulz
The question said state three factors, but there were something like ten-twelve lines to give an answer in!

And am I the only one who put smoking as a factor?

i put smokingg:smile:
Remarqable M
LOOOOOOOOOl people are so funny that is why it's so important to know what each command word mean for example in the question it only said state 3 factors.. it is in no way asking for explanation even if you give an exxplantion examiner might look down upon you and think this guy hasn't grasped the basic meaning of comand words.

yeah your probably right. It's just me...I feel a little insecure writing down just three words. I just sometimes babble on about why..I should avoid it though...it may cost me marks :frown:
Reply 2848
rowleyja

didnt itt?!!!!

Yes, relax :p: this is right
:troll:

Don't worry. The exam is over. Wait for March. :moon:
conorf199
obviously you cannot say for certain there may be 'accept chlorophyll' on the mark scheme

I don't know about that neither can i predict, but whats clearly put in the book is all what i know.
Reply 2851
Remarqable M
WHAT! i put down endothelium and the whole day i thought i was wrong:frown:

isnt it epithelium..
endothelium is the lining of the blood capillary.. im pretty sure epithelium is the lining of the PCT - but still not convinced that this is the tissue indicated in the diagram..
Reply 2852
conorf199

aww well you give me hope :p:
InvoluntarySlacker
:troll:

Don't worry. The exam is over. Wait for March. :moon:

Hahah gotta love your smilies xD, yep dont forget we have 10 CHAPTERS IN MARCH unlike this one Six! <_<. So i was wondering once we get over this exam would some1 wanna join me in preparing next module from now on xD :wink:. Pm me if so.:biggrin:
Reply 2854
Summerdays
How low precisely?

If I was psychic, I would've done alot better on this paper :p: but there's been such an uproar about the paper, and such varied answers, that surely there's going to be lower boundaries than usual... I haven't seen any evidence yet of anyone at all who's done fantastic. We've all got different things wrong. But I'd imagine those who did well are out feeling smug with themselves, and not on here, like us paranoids :p:
Tacita
If I was psychic, I would've done alot better on this paper :p: but there's been such an uproar about the paper, and such varied answers, that surely there's going to be lower boundaries than usual... I haven't seen any evidence yet of anyone at all who's done fantastic. We've all got different things wrong. But I'd imagine those who did well are out feeling smug with themselves, and not on here, like us paranoids :p:

Only reason i am around here is to tire myself ;p, grrr
Reply 2856
Archen
isnt it epithelium..
endothelium is the lining of the blood capillary.. im pretty sure epithelium is the lining of the PCT - but still not convinced that this is the tissue indicated in the diagram..

I agree with you, it's definitely epithelium. But I think that's too vague, I think it needs to be 'cuboidal' epithelium :frown:
Reply 2857
Tacita

A good dose of TSR, could cure that anyday.....:wink:
Reply 2858
DR_X
A good dose of TSR, could cure that anyday.....:wink:

Ah, you speak the truth :p:
Reply 2859
Tacita
I agree with you, it's definitely epithelium. But I think that's too vague, I think it needs to be 'cuboidal' epithelium :frown:

aaaaand another mark lost. :frown:

at least i only need to average a C this year to still get my A :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending