The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Good luck to all with interviews this weekend! I have my first 2nd round and I'm quite nervous!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello all, Are we writing off charter interviews tomorrow? Has anyone managed to get a response from them?
If I don't hear anything by tonight I'll have to write charter off. I emailed them twice now (Thursday and today) and no response. Anyone else had any luck?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Charter interview time out
Charter interview time received.
Anyone have any tips for answering ethical questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2866
Anything from Kenworthy's post-first round?
Original post by 901dL
Anything from Kenworthy's post-first round?

Apologies - second rounds were on Tuesday
Just had what I thought was my best first round ever only to get sent home pre second rounds this afternoon. Now the nervous wait until 1st August - best of luck for all of you still interviewing :smile:
Original post by fire_fairy91
Just had what I thought was my best first round ever only to get sent home pre second rounds this afternoon. Now the nervous wait until 1st August - best of luck for all of you still interviewing :smile:

Try not to worry I had a similar experience a few weeks ago where I thought I really connected with the panel and gave really well considered, well presented answers to everything and felt it was my best performance by far but then failed to get a second round and was massively disappointed. I just keep telling myself there will be others and maybe it just wasn't the chambers for me! Although, I can never help but wonder how well I actually do at these things and where chambers actually viewed me in relation to other candidates....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! Can always apply again next year I guess. Onwards and upwards!

A fellow 18SJS-er? If so, it was a great process even though I didn't get interview either. Some very able candidates that I witnessed also fell after the first hurdle! I prefer that format for assessing pupils rather, for example, than a 10 minute interview with random questions not really assessing my advocacy abilities. Best of luck :smile:
Reply 2872

If you're referring to St Philips then I completed know how you feel... :/
Am I missing something, or is there no way to get a print friendly version of your pupillage applications on gateway?

Seems a pretty obvious thing to put on the site but I can't see it anywhere.
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Am I missing something, or is there no way to get a print friendly version of your pupillage applications on gateway?

Seems a pretty obvious thing to put on the site but I can't see it anywhere.

I haven't been able to work it out either. I just printed the website and selected the relevant pages. Alternatively, copy and paste into a Word doc - I've done that with my substantive answers but may not work as well if you want the whole thing.

Does seem like a bit of a silly oversight!
Has anyone heard from Justice First Fellowship (Pump Court) after second round yesterday as it's outside the gateway?
We're into the final stretch, two weeks to go guys! Best of luck to all :smile:
Anyone else with church court interviews this evening good luck!
Anyone else had the horrific experience of receiving a phone-call from Chambers asking ' are you still coming in for interview today' and not actually knowing that you had an interview at all with Chambers as the e-mail never arrived?! It sent me into waves of panic on the weekend! Luckily Chambers is willing to reschedule but I will think twice before supplying a Hotmail e-mail address in future.
15NBS second rounds out by personalised email

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending